This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-wave range

rafirafi Member
Hi,

Quick queston re z-wave range and operation.
I have a z-wave switch in garden that operates lights there.
By looking at Z-wave devices in Homey that relay ther has only one connection to the Z-wave controller - in this case Homey.
Other devices are connected with other nodes on Z-wave network. That particular realy switch is 7 meters away from another z-wave devices.
Do I need an extender?

Thanks,

Rafi

Comments

• rafi said:
    Hi,

Quick queston re z-wave range and operation.
    I have a z-wave switch in garden that operates lights there.
    By looking at Z-wave devices in Homey that relay ther has only one connection to the Z-wave controller - in this case Homey.
    Other devices are connected with other nodes on Z-wave network. That particular realy switch is 7 meters away from another z-wave devices.
    Do I need an extender?

Thanks,

Rafi
    Does the switch work (respond to commands / provide updates etc)?
    In some cases the topology map is not correctly updated. So if the device works, there is no issue.

At the moment that the device fails to respond and shows error messages, you would need to check the connection / mesh.
  • rafirafi Member
    It kinda works.Whwn I had it close to Homey it was reporting power usage ok.Now when it sits in tbe garden,there's no power usage at all.Also when using mobile app it's a bit dodgy.Sometimes it responses to Homey commands and all of a sudden you can't control it.I thought Domoticz was dodgy and I've been experiencing the same issues but the price is higher.