This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey looses connection with iKettle 2.0 over time

PhuturistPhuturist Member
edited March 2017 in Devices
Didnt find a support topic for the Smarter iKettle 2.0 so I'm posting this as a seperate support question. I just reported this as a bug in the Smarter app repo on GitHub but perhaps there is a someone here in the community that can help me out. I'd like to know if this is a general issue and more iKettle owners experience this issue or if for most iKettle owners this works and it's something in my setup. So let me know  ...

What is your Homey version (Settings → System)?
Homey firmware 1.2.0 RC9 | Smarter app 2.0.7 | iKettle firmware 1.9

What did you try to achieve?
Control the iKettle using Homey, either through it's action cards or using the toggle on the device card.

Please include detailed steps how we can reproduce the issue
Add the iKettle 2.0 as device in Homey. It works after initial pairing. Wait for some time and Homey will loose the connection with the iKettle resulting in Homey not being able to control the kettle, not through any flow but also not through the device card.

What was the result?
Homey cant control the iKettle, no errors are shown in the browser console. I can toggle the device and it shows as toggled on/off but the iKettle never responds. My iKettle has a static IP address and can be controlled through the Smarter app without any issues.

What did you expect as result?
That Homey can control the iKettle at any time, not just only shortly pairing the device or rebooting Homey.

Any other remarks
It seems the settings of the iKettle are saved until it looses connection. So the water level and temperature remain on the value at the moment the connection was lost. This for instance results in the condition card for "iKettle water level is not empty" to trigger as true while the kettle could actually be empty.

GitHub issue

Comments

• I have the same. Ikettle has never worked. 
    Ikettle 1.0, 2.0 and smarter coffee machine all goes offline after a while. 
    Somtimes when I reset the coffee machine it works for a while. 
    But Ikettle's won't work. 

• jovink said:
    I have the same. Ikettle has never worked. 
    Ikettle 1.0, 2.0 and smarter coffee machine all goes offline after a while. 
    Somtimes when I reset the coffee machine it works for a while. 
    But Ikettle's won't work. 

Ok, thanx for confirming. Let's hope Athom picks up the GitHub issue and fixes it in the app.
  • I hope so. 
    And let's hope they create mobile cards and tags for the flow cards as well for the coffee maker. 

• Just a small update, there is a new beta version of the Smarter app. It uses the new App SDK and adds improved mobile components and flow cards. If you want, please test it and report any issues to us so that it can quickly be upgraded to stable. Thanks!
  • Is there someone with the smarter Coffee?
    Mine keeps switching  the hot plate on. 
    There is a github issue for but wanna know if I'm the only one with this issue. 
  • I have tested the Smarter app but this did not happen during my tests. Will let the developer know about this "bug"