This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Want to volume down by a variable number

Hi guys! 

I feel such an amateur to ask the following, I just can't see the logical flows I need to create for what I am trying to accomplish. 
What I want is the following:

Let's say me and the gf are watching a movie and we want to turn down volume. I want to say: Ok Homey, turn down volume. I want Homey then ask me by how much... If I say 5. I want to lower the volume by 5. 

Is this even possible or do I need to make 10 flows stating like this:
Flow 1: Turn down volume by 1 - Volume down by 1
Flow 2: Turn down volume by 2 - Volume down by 2
etc....

I hope someone can help me out :) 

Kind regards,
Dennis

Comments

• this is not possible inside homey (yet),
    the only things homey can ask back by default is a
    yes or no question
    or
    asking for an exact password.

it is possible, but only if you made an app for it, since developers can add such a (specific) question to their app.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited March 2017

For Volume Down make 3 other flows and you have 6  flows all together for volume Up and Down
    OR
    delete the Omhoog card in flow No1 and only change Flow 2 and 3 than you only need 5 flows for Volume Up/Down :-)

• Thanks @glijie!! I just installed NumberCatch which is awesome <span>:smiley:</span>

This is how I managed to get it working:

The "Set a textual variable" in my first flow is for my autocorrect (Better Voice) function. Because sometimes when I say: "Volume omhoog met 3" (Volume up by 3 for non dutchies) it understands: "Volume omhoog met brie"... So I made an autocorrect word for brie wich will be replaced with 3. 

Since I don't want to keep turning on my volume when Homey understand the word "brie" I set the textual variable in Flow 2 to "null" so my Autocorrect function won't proceed since it looks for the variable: VolumeActie with the value "omhoog"

My Autocorrect function looks like this:

• great to hear that it works <span>:+1:</span>  credits to the app builder