This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Vaillant vSmart thermostat

I'm not homey user yet but this looks like a real good replacement for my Vera Edge.
I have a Vaillant heater and because of the e-bus system of Vaillant it was difficult to choose a smart thermostat without the use of Opentherm converter cards.
So I bought the Vaillant vSmart thermostat https://www.vaillant.be/consumenten/producten/vsmart-24000.nl_be.html
This is actually a rebranded Netatmo thermostat and also uses the API of Netatmo with an extra vaillant parameter.

I can't find any integrations of this thermostat in home automation controllers. Are there any plans to write an app for Homey for this thermostat?
I'm not a good programmer, and don't have a Homey yet B)  But if someone is interested in the API to write an app I can provide some java code which I got from someone who reverse engineered the api requests (thx Johan).
It would be really nice to integrate this thermostat into Homey.
Vaillant is a very popular brand in Belgium.

Comments

• Hallo,
    ik gebruik al een Homey en ik zou ook graag de Vaillant vSmart-app integreren in Homey. Als u een oplossing hebt dan ga ik die zeker ook gebruiken.
    Paul, Sint-Job, (B)
  • I also have a Vaillant vSmart and it would be great to use it with homey!

For the guys who are already have a vSmart thermostat, is the android vaillant app working ok for you? I always have troubles changing the temperature, I have to retry like 5 times.. The screen with the temperature charts always works instantly so the connection seems to be fine.. (on wifi and mobile). 

• I noticed that IFTTT has support for vSmart (eRelax). I don't have a homey yet so I can't test what the possibilities are via IFTTT.
    Anyone who can test this and give feedback? It should be possible to set the thermostat to away when a certain flow is triggered. 

thx for testing.
  • Just tested it and it works fine. If you have a vSmart you can already test it by installing IFTTT on your smartphone and creating a few IFTTT vSmart applets. This way you can already see all the possibilities and try them out. With homey you can include any IFTTT action in your homey flow.
  • Zimbra, thanks for testing and the feedback. Good to know that you can change the vSmart mode with Homey. Now just have to order a Homey and I can start migrating :D