This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Did I miss something (speech)?

https://www.athom.com/en/homey/speech/

Under "More ways to talk to Homey": The primary way to talk with Homey is by using the Homey Smartphone App.

What happened to talking to Homey itself? Wasn't/Isn't that one of the unique selling points of Homey? And because it isn't mentioned anywhere on the page, that it won't be a method to talk to Homey anymore? 

Comments

• That's why it's under the header "More ways to talk to Homey"
    So speak to Homey directly is primary ofc. Must say it looks a little odd yes.
  • I just read on another thread that the voice recognition on Homey is not working well with almost any accent.

So they are probably trying to pull away from speaking to Homey directly as a primary control.
  • I just read on another thread that the voice recognition on Homey is not working well with almost any accent.

So they are probably trying to pull away from speaking to Homey directly as a primary control.
    And I think it's too bad that Athom won't develop for the Homey itself anymore, because for many, it was one of the features that they bought it for (including me). I don't want to get my phone to talk to my home or ask Alexa or Google if they can pass a question to my home.

I still love Homey, but I hope they won't forget this, as I won't too. 
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2017
    Talking is fast, convenient and feels good. Homey uses state of the art Natural Language Processing algorithms to understand your intentions, and takes action accordingly.
    Below that there are talkings about other ways to talk to Homey, i don't read they are letting the speech dry out in the open. Upcoming media update (1.2) will have a rewritten speech core 

More ways to talk with Homey

The primary way to talk with Homey is by using the Homey Smartphone App.
    Additionally, it is possible to use third party integrations as well.

If you take the entire part you read that the core/primary way of other ways to talk to Homey is throught the mobile Homey app. After that there is shown third party FB/Alexa and so on. If you take on sentence of a entire page things look misleading :)