This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Zwave routing suboptimal

Greetings Homeys,

I have been trying to get my door sensor within range by adding a few devices, but after several days and carefully positioning additional devices, the door sensor remains out of range.

Below is a picture of the apartment with the very thick walls shown in black. 
The blue lines show the current zwave mesh.

Note that the door sensor (red square) is completely out of range.
The wall plug (orange square) is setting right underneath the door sensor and has very poor reception. I placed the RGBW device within direct line of sight of the wall plug, but the network does not update to use the RGBW device. 

Is this a bug? 
What can be done to improve the routing?

Comments

• @JaapPelt you are able to reach / control the wall plug from Homey? 
    Did you pair the wall plug recently and in proximity of the door sensor or close to Homey?

Currently, there is no option (implemented) to heal a network or node.

It might be an option to remove both, move Homey to next to the door, first add the wall plug and afterwards the door sensor.

This will also force the plug and sensor to use the RGWB node (added later).
  • @JaapPelt you are able to reach / control the wall plug from Homey? 
    Did you pair the wall plug recently and in proximity of the door sensor or close to Homey?
    I re-paired the wall plug, door sensor and RGBW device last week. The network properly healed itself with the exception of the wall plug which still uses a very unreliable route. There are a lot of lines and other stuff in the way which make the connection to the wall plug very unreliable. The RGBW device has been positioned to mitigate that.

To re-pair the doorsensor, I moved the Homey to the door.
    The other devices were re-paired next to Homey in its usual spot. The devices were then moved to their current spot and they fixed the routing after a short while.

I have two theories:
    1) The RGBW deviceis not acting as a relay.
    2) The healing process does not properly take unreliability into account.

Please note that the current unreliability of the wall plug is completely expected due to the construction of the building. It should instead route to the RGBW device which is within line of sight.