This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Motion or precense sensor ?

hello all.

i am happy to have my homey since a week now.
i have our hue lights ans some kaku lights connected that is working good.
also the nefit and harmony are working without problems.
but i have a question for the light in our open kitchen, i tryed to connect this light with the hue motion sensor and was playing with the countdown app, but i recognized the following problem.
if the sensor detect movement, light on, when no movement countdown starts and when again movement detected reset countdown.
sounds nice, but when we are cooking there is not enough movement and light goes off, i will will make the time longer then after just taking a drink, the light will be on for too long time.
now i read about a precense sensor, do you know if this will work much better and only switch on the light if really somebody is in the kitchen, because i think this will frustrate me less.

Comments

• JschuetzJschuetz Member
    edited March 2017
    I have the same problem. Knx have so much better movement Sensors with body heat. Maybe we can find a good solution for z-wave. 

But  at the moment we are using a cook mode or bath mode to set the timer higher. 
  • swtttswttt Member
    Depending on how you cook you could set the variable based on if electric is used for cooking or the afzuigkap.
  • I read about microwave or ultrasound sensors, but didnt find them in z wave. Hopefully they will come