This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

extra microfoon's for speaking to homey ?

is there a option to add extra microfoon's for speaking to homey ?
so i can speak to homey in a other room in the house

Comments

• And then also some extra speakers? And extra ledrings?
    Maybe put a phone in each room and put on the Homey app. Or some wallmounted tablets.
  • Or use Amazon Dot. Athom is testing now with homey skill and can be used as extra speech input and speakers, homey talk's back through Alexa (dot). Now it''s waiting until it can talk and understand dutch 
  • Or use Amazon Dot. Athom is testing now with homey skill and can be used as extra speech input and speakers, homey talk's back through Alexa (dot). Now it''s waiting until it can talk and understand dutch 
    you mean this dev https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015TJD0Y4/ref=fs_ods_fs_aucc_bt
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited March 2017
    I think it would be great when we could put a bluetooth device like this in every room. It would just need a LED to signal that Homey is listening. No LED-ring needed... just 1 RGB-LED.

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2017
    Or use Amazon Dot. Athom is testing now with homey skill and can be used as extra speech input and speakers, homey talk's back through Alexa (dot). Now it''s waiting until it can talk and understand dutch 
    Yes, i made a video of Alexa with Homey. The Dot (alexa is the software) cost only 60 euro, and can also be used as speaker for music. Homey talks back through the speaker of Alexa so you can use it somewhere else then where Homey is.

What's in the video:
    - First select active Homey (have 3 homey's under my control, Kitt is the Homey you see, the active Homey will be used by Alexa) 
    - Turn on all lights (standard flow)
    - Ask Homey to say Hello (custom flow with logic card)
    - Turn off all lights
    - Turn on lights in kitchen (light in view is not in kitchen but in bedroom zone, placed for test)
    - Turn on lights in bedroom ( light in view is in bedroom zone, placed for test)
    - Turn off all lights
    - Direct question at Homey asking turning lights on in bedroom

Yes, i made a video of Alexa with Homey. The Dot (alexa is the software) cost only 60 euro, and can also be used as speaker for music. Homey talks back through the speaker of Alexa so you can use it somewhere else then where Homey is.

COOL!!! But how does Alexa communicate with Homey? Did you make hundreds of flows?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2017
    0burner0 said:
    Or use Amazon Dot. Athom is testing now with homey skill and can be used as extra speech input and speakers, homey talk's back through Alexa (dot). Now it''s waiting until it can talk and understand dutch 

COOL!!! But how does Alexa communicate with Homey? Did you make hundreds of flows?
    No, it works with the standard flows already in Homey for lights on/off or in specific room and the flows you already made. Every speech command that can be given to Homey can also be given through Alexa but then with " Alexa ask Homey" and then your speech command. For me it's now waiting until Alexa can talk Dutch :).

In the video i posted are these things:
    - First select active Homey (have 3 homey's under my control, Kitt is the Homey you see, the active Homey will be used by Alexa) 
    - Turn on all lights (standard flow)
    - Ask Homey to say Hello (custom flow with logic card)
    - Turn off all lights
    - Turn on lights in kitchen (light in view is not in kitchen but in bedroom zone, placed for test)
    - Turn on lights in bedroom ( light in view is in bedroom zone, placed for test)
    - Turn off all lights
    - Direct question at Homey asking turning lights on in bedroom
  • I think it would be great when we could put a bluetooth device like this in every room. It would just need a LED to signal that Homey is listening. No LED-ring needed... just 1 RGB-LED.

O
  • i dont like the Alexa selution
    talking @ homey en Talking @ Alexa. you nead to remember all the voice commands

if i forget who i am talking to  i talk at homey white Alexa commands :-)

If you talk at Homey you also need to know your command only now you afdeling Alexa asked homey in front for all 

If you talk at Homey you also need to know your command only now you afdeling Alexa asked homey in front for all 
    I like the baby homey idee fore ather rooms
  • Instead of using another device it would be cool that you can use a smartphone to control homey when you are in another room.
  • Instead of using another device it would be cool that you can use a smartphone to control homey when you are in another room.
    Dont have smartphone every time i am in a room
    You already can use your smartphone with the Homey app and talk to Homeh through it