This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Will lights turn off also with this flow?

NightwishNightwish Member
edited February 2017 in Questions & Help
Hello,
i'm quite new with making flows. I have some simple flows for turning on lights and tv. I made a flow for turning on the lights in the evening when i'm not at home. (i'm from home from monday to friday) I've set months and time frame, but will my lights switch off automaticly when the timeframe passes or do i have to use logic with that

This is the flow i've made;

So will the lights turn off again when it is 22:30?
If you have other suggestions for this flow to work please tell me. I have still a lot to learn.

Is there also a tuttorial about how to use logic and boolean? I have no idea how to use that esp. boolean is one big questionmark for me, but i want to learn how to use it.

Thanks

Greetings,
Alexander

Comments

• You have to create another flow to switch the lights off again.

For boolean, create a variable with any name, select boolean and set it to true or false.
    Then create a better logic bitflip device. It will be a virtual switch
    Now you can use that device as a switch in a flow to switch on lights or other devices.
    Almost the same for a trigger variable, when you add a trigger device it will act as a push button instead of an on/off switch.

• Thanks. Made a 2nd flow.

I have no idea what you are talking about in the 2nd part of your message. This is what i mean. I don't understand how to use it. Is there a tutorial how to use boolean and logic?

Thanks
  • there are some forum topics about this, i tried to find them but no luck
    If i can find some time tomorrow i will make a tutorial about creating and using boolean and trigger variables

• That would be great!!!! I can see you can do very nice things with logic and boolean. It can make flows easier i think.
  • ispaapenispaapen Member
    edited February 2017
    Ok consider it is tomorrow, here we go!
    First install better logic https://apps.athom.com/app/net.i-dev.betterlogic
    Go to settings and select "Better logic".
    Create a new "Boolean" variable.

Give it a name (Schakelaar) and select "Boolean".

Click "Add variable"

Variable "Schakelaar" is there.

Now create some Triggers.

Give it any name (Knop AAN) and select "Trigger".

Do the same voor "Knop UIT".
    So far the variables.

Go to "Devices" and add the new devices.

Select Better Logic - BitFlip

Select "Schakelaar"

Do the same for the two Trigger devices.

Select both and add them as a device

You now have 3 new devices , time to create some flows.

Select "Schakelaar" at the left and add a device, in this case my garden lights

For the Triggers it's a little different.
    Add under apps (at the left) "Better Logic" and use the card "A variable has changed". Then select the variable "Knop AAN"
    If the Trigger is used, in this case, it switches on the garden lights.

To switch the light off using the Trigger, do the opposite.

And this is how it looks like in the mobile app.

Bitflip (Boolean) devices can also be used in HomeyDash, Trigger devices not yet at the moment.

Hope this helps.
    Ivo

2.png 17.4K
    3.png 28.4K
    4.png 11.2K
    5.png 16.1K
    6.png 23.7K
    7.png 7.2K
    9.png 8.6K
    10.png 31.1K
    11.png 125.1K
    12.png 149.2K
    13.png 140.1K
    14.png 271.3K
  • Using the better logic app, first you have to create a boolean in the settings tab of homey. There you can create a boolean. give it a name and set it true or false.

after that you need to create flows so the boolean knows what to do when false or treu. 

for example the flows   you see in the pic. Now you can use the boolean in every flow you want.

• Thanks guys. Need to learn a lot. I will get there.