This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-wave reset and how to reconnect the devices when there not properly removed one by one

Gents,

I thought resetting the Z-wave network also included removal of all devices. Now i am not able to connect the devices. Probably caused by the fact they are not removed in the right way. Somebody can inform me about next steps to be taken ?

Comments

• use remove device under settings --- zwave 
  • Or check the manual of your zwave device to reset the device itself
  • @Annemarie the answers currently provided (also in the KB) do not address (IMHO) the question of @tonhasper.
    I can not answer myself, because this is not handled by the Z-wave driver but core. 

During a reset of the Z-wave network (as initiated from Homey), do all devices receive a reset command?
    Observation of Ton is that they do not receive this command so that he has to follow the containments as proposed in other responses / KB..
  • Hi, I'm wondering if the z-wave reset is an option for my problem. I have a new Fibaro wall plug which worked fine for about ten days. Then suddenly I couldn't switch it anymore from a flow or the Homey app. So after a few days I decided to remove the device from the z-wave network. I already executed this procedure successfully in the two ways Homey provides. But now I can't remove the plug no matter what I try. The option of "automatically deletion when a device is not found" is not working either. The device just keeps existing in the devices library of Homey. I also get the impression that Homey gets stuck in the removing procedure. The only way to get Homey back on track is by rebooting. So I'm wondering if a z-wave network reset could do the trick but I'm not sure what it does. I would like to know before I lose all devices and have to program all my flows etc.
    What does a z-wave network reset actually do? And is there another way to remove a device that can't be found by Homey but is also not automatically removed in the procedure?
    For your information:
    I gave Homey plenty of time and I tried the different removing procedures many times. I also had to reboot Homey a couple of times to get it back on track.
  • Hi, I'm wondering if the z-wave reset is an option for my problem. I have a new Fibaro wall plug which worked fine for about ten days. Then suddenly I couldn't switch it anymore from a flow or the Homey app. So after a few days I decided to remove the device from the z-wave network. I already executed this procedure successfully in the two ways Homey provides. But now I can't remove the plug no matter what I try. The option of "automatically deletion when a device is not found" is not working either. The device just keeps existing in the devices library of Homey. I also get the impression that Homey gets stuck in the removing procedure. The only way to get Homey back on track is by rebooting. So I'm wondering if a z-wave network reset could do the trick but I'm not sure what it does. I would like to know before I lose all devices and have to program all my flows etc.
    What does a z-wave network reset actually do? And is there another way to remove a device that can't be found by Homey but is also not automatically removed in the procedure?
    For your information:
    I gave Homey plenty of time and I tried the different removing procedures many times. I also had to reboot Homey a couple of times to get it back on track.
    I experience the same problem with Qubino Flush Shutter . This prevents (or that is my experience ) to include the device again. Any suggestions for a work-around for removing a "dead device" since the two Homey suggested ways does not work
  • @hakanb most of the times the following 3 steps should be sufficient:
    - Go to settings > Z-wave > remove device, follow the instructions to wake up the Qubino
    - once done, manually reset the Qubino according to the provided manual
    - try to re-include the Qubino to Homey