This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Sonos play 1 and 5

Hi all ... anybody any experience with the Sonos play 1 and 5 in combination with Homey. I am looking to buy them but would love some firsthand feedback before I do. Anybody got his views on this? Is it worth while and does it actually work? 

Comments

• They do work, but the app is pretty limited at this time. I think you should wait for the  1.2.0 Media release to say anything useful on Homey and media in general, and then Sonos in particular. 
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited February 2017
    @Mac you're asking two things I understand. At first About Sonos play 1 and 5.
    I am using two paired Play 5's (version 1) for several years now. The sound is great in my opinion. But ..... I am assessing it in combination with a Sonos Sub. Without that the lower tones are a little bit disappointing. The new version Play 5 it said to be even better, but I have no experience yet.
    Two paired Play's one are in use as back speakers for the sound of the TV. But again a but ...... I'm using it in combination with a Sonos Playbar. Again, a great sound. Besides, the Play 1 has also a very reasonable soundquality if used as stand alones or paired as stereo couple.

And than the second part of your question: Sonos and Homey. Since the Sonos app is available I am using it with basic voice commands (on, off, louder, etc.) and that works oke. The more sophisticated functions are partly not yet implemented in the app but that will also be realized, I presume. So I would suggest not to assess Sonos only as a Homey-device but firstly give it its own personal assessment. Homey is just another way of directing it, apart from the own Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  • I have 2 Sonos 1's in my home, brand new and I just love the way they sound. Deep bass and clear sound. One Play 1 is enough for a medium sized room. I have one on the bar in my (open) kitchen and one in the bathroom.

The Homey app is not complete yet; once you can select playlists and send them using Homey, more fun is possible. Currently only play/pause/volume control is supported.
  • Seems like the best thing to do is wait a while for now. I do know the quality of the Sonos Play speakers so I am convinced it will be a good buy. But only if Homey is up to speed for the the full experience !