This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Need help with Fibaro motion sensor (lights off auto)

I just recently got a Fibaro motion sensor added to my network. I have added it to the kitchen and I am setting it up to turn on my z-wave lights upon detecting motion, but I am running into two problems.

1. It takes about 2-3 seconds for the lights to come on after detecting motion.
2. How do I have the lights turn off automatically if there is no motion detected (say after 20 seconds)

Right now I have the lights to turn off automatically after 60 seconds, however if someone is still in the kitchen the light is going off and this is not an ideal situation. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• A nice way to do this is using the countdown app.
    On motion turned on then start countdown, if it triggers again the countdown gets reset.
    Create a 2nd flow with if the countdown is 0 then turn off the lights.
  • Regarding your first question: You can create a direct association between the sensor and the light (how to do this should be in the manuals) then light on seems to be faster...
  • @swtt and @BasVanDenBosch - thanks for the tips. I'll try these and report back.
  • just a remark on @swttt's suggestion, start the countdown with the off command, the on command will not be send if the motion stays on (you keep moving in the kitchen)

you could also use the build-in off timer (motion cancellation delay) and put that on 20 seconds, and turn off your device if the motion also turns off
    then it will also work (20 seconds for cancellation delay) with the way @BasVanDenBosch is saying with direct connections (associations)
  • @caseda the same applies to the off command. If the off command is send, and you then start moving until the timer reaches 0 the timer isn't reset either.

The extra check that I applied to solve this is by checking if there is still motion when the timer reaches 0.
  • @MrDutchfighter or to stop the countdown timer once the motion alarm get triggered and restart after motion alarm has been reset (best of both worlds)
  • I'm afraid I still need assistance. I'm still quite new to the Homey way of doing things. Here is what I have so far....(strangely you see the red exclamation mark over the light - it still triggers on although I don't think it should).

Can someone post a shot of what the proper flow should look like?

I came from the world of Smartthings and Amazon Echo, so creating flows are a weak spot for me at the moment obviously

• Example flow:

But are you sure you Z-wave device is installed propaly.

Flow 1:

When movement is detected  -> turn on Z-wave (light) and turn hourglass (200 sec).
    (every movement the hourglass resets)

Flow 2:

Whe hourglass is empty  turn off zwave.
  • @0burner0 -  I will delete and re-add my devices and use the flow you advise. Thank you for the suggestion!  :) I will report back the results
  • @ waht kind of device is the z-wave switch?? Brand?

• Domitech dimmable light bulb
  • mitch said:
    @0burner0 -  I will delete and re-add my devices and use the flow you advise. Thank you for the suggestion!  :) I will report back the results
    And, does it work?
  • So I fixed my similar problem by setting up three different flows, displayed below.
    Hope this helps.