This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Streaming capabilities Homey & Multiroom

I would like to know how Homey can stream music and use of streaming services like Spotify, Deezer AND the new Apple Music!
Specially Multiroom Audio.
Is Homey capable to stream music to multiroom systems? And to what speakers.
I don't have a multiroom setup, but I'm looking to buy one. I'm looking at HEOS or Sonos, but with all the Airplay setups I already have:

• 2x RPi 2 with Rasplex (Airplay only music!) Check version 0.7.0 which is coming out with Dual Audio output HDMI and Analog!!!
  • Airport Express connected to a speaker in the bathroom
  • Mac mini 24/7 on, with AirServer hooked up to an Onkyo TX-NR636 and PLEX PMS and PHT, iTunes (and after 30 June with Apple Music)

I only want to have a portable speaker system in the Kitchen which can be used with Homey and Multiroom

Comments

• @BasPost: Have a look at the Harman Kardon series. The best thing of them is they have great audio but also an open iOS and Android API.

I have 2 omni 10's now for half a year and they work really nice! The best thing is that they also have bluetooth and so you can play anything you want on them. Sonos for example doesn't support youtube, their community is asking for that for over 4 years, but they keep refusing it.

This discussion has been closed.