This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Only update status of KAKU lights, without sending KAKU signal!

Hello,

All my KAKU lights are directly paired to the KAKU wall switches. This is because of the non-decency of Homey/Internet etc. to turn the lights on. Also the WAF is important here ;-)

Problem now is that the status in Homey of the lights is not updated when I turn them on with a wall switch.

Off course I can create a flow, when pressing the wall switch I turn on the lights, but when I do this with dimmable switches or lights, they start dimming up and down because they have received two on signals sequentially (on from the paired wall switch and one from Homey).

I want to be able to update the light status when a switch is turned on without sending the actual on signal through Homey.

In Domoticz this is possible to make a master/slave connection between a switch and a light.

Gr. Remco

Comments

• maybe this is an option: when you let the switch do two things.

1. dim the light

2. change a BL boolean "Light 1" to true

?

• Hello,

All my KAKU lights are directly paired to the KAKU wall switches. This is because of the non-decency of Homey/Internet etc. to turn the lights on. Also the WAF is important here ;-)

Problem now is that the status in Homey of the lights is not updated when I turn them on with a wall switch.

Off course I can create a flow, when pressing the wall switch I turn on the lights, but when I do this with dimmable switches or lights, they start dimming up and down because they have received two on signals sequentially (on from the paired wall switch and one from Homey).

I want to be able to update the light status when a switch is turned on without sending the actual on signal through Homey.

In Domoticz this is possible to make a master/slave connection between a switch and a light.

Gr. Remco

do you have a solution
  • Noop,

Still no solution. I have paired the two wall switches directly to the lights. Homey receives the on/off signals, but the status of the lights is not updated. Only way is to send the signal again when Homey receives the wall switches, but when I do this, the lights start dimming.

I also tried to create a "dummy" light, just for the status, this works, but then I can't control the lights from the app or the GUI anymore.

Gr. Remco

• But then I don't understand, because you only want to control the lights via the wall switches? And not via Homey? Then it does not matter what the status is within Homey? 

But if you want to use a wall switch which when pressed also updates the status in Homey I think you are not able to do that with KAKU switches (not without some extensive programming I think), since this is one-way. For this scenario they invented Z-Wave :smile:.

I have a mix of KAKU and Z-Wave, and when I press the on button on my simple KAKU transmitter Homey puts on my lights, and one of those dimmers is a Z-wave one. Based on that one Z-Wave dimmer I know that my lights are on, without the need to swap all my KAKU dimmers for expensive Z-wave types. Also I do not use a true or false setting for changing my lights are on or off, I have a master flow that executes if the relevant boolean just gets flipped.