This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Has anyone experience with Curtain systems / brands and homey?

FloodnlFloodnl Member
edited January 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi all,

i am kindy in a lucky spot were i do not have my complete house automated (yet) but i am in the process of it. 
My new years resolution was to do every month something adding to the Homey and the house.

And next up i would like to purchase an Curtain rail system so i can open the curtains with homey. but i searched around and do not find much on this topic.

my questions i have about this item are:

-Which system / brand works flawless with homey?
-Where did you bought your railsystem? (no Bouwmarkt has some i noticed) 
-Are there any cons having a system like this?  

i would like to hear some personal experiences and appreciated all of the time and effort you guys spend on this topic, my thanks. 

Comments

• Just completed kickstarter Slide will be compatible with Homey (Slide has contact with dev to make Homey app), there is a topic about it on the forum here. Preorders can be made by there website/indiego -> https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2382/new-dutch-kickstarterproject-slide-homey-ready
  • I have somfy vouwfordijnen here. Works prefect! They always open automagically on sunrise and close on sunset
  • I have two sets Kallox (https://www.pahedomotica.nl/product-categorie/gordijnrails/kallox-elektrische-gordijnrail/) in my livingroom and kitchen. They are controlled by a KaKu ASUN-650 and work nicely with Homey. 

Cheap system, have had them for over 5 years, never an issue. One flaw: operating is noisy...

• I use also Kallox, with infrared. With a harmoney hub it works perfect.

Only thing is that if I use the voice command homey always reacts, Cant find any curtains. Then opens and close them,

• FloodnlFloodnl Member
    edited January 2017

Thanks all!  Really handy knowing your experiences much appreciated i am not sure with Kickstarts and indogogo (i rather pay a bit more for a final product that is delivered instead of gambling if it comes) 

And infrared i am a bit worried about since it's not working a 100% but with a KaKu could work yea
  • I use a Forest curtain, not cheap but it works well and can handle curves. I control it with the Z-wave app. The Forest app doesn't work.
    When using the voice command, Homey react by me also with a "cant find a curtain". 
  • I also have two Forest Shuttle curtains and I agree they work very well, very low noise. Before there was a specific app I used the KAKU ASUN-650 and am now using the Homey Forest app without any problems. 
  • As said, I use Kallox.

Some extra thoughts....

I have made my own Flows to voice control them, no issues, works great.

Also, I made a flow to check whether the curtains are closed at night (as KaKu doesn't allow 2-way communication). This is not 100% safe, but works too.

What I have not achieved - but this might be possible - is to half-open the curtains...
    Not sure if is is possible with the ASUN option. Bare in mind, Kallox can also be ordered with z-wave Fibaro relais! If I would buy a new set, I think I would replace the ASUN with z-wave.