This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro Button

Hello,

For the fibaro button owners, what is your experience with it ?
I have one for a week now, i notive it sometimes doesn't respond.

It seems to be in some kind of sleep-mode, when i push a few times it seems to have waken up. After this it responds to the programmed flows.

Comments

• I have notice this sleep-mode to on my PIR in the kitchen,  have you created a Git case?  
  • I have 2 buttons, the one close to homey 50% of the time doesn't respond the first time, second time 90% of the time. 

But the one that has a concrete floor in between I use on a daily basis does respond 85-90% of the time the first try, 100%the second one. 

But it is not because of a so called "sleep mode" debugging the button a lot and found that the command (or part of the command) is being taken over by a battery report instead of the command it is supposed to be sending.

Athom can confirm this with their z-wave sniffer, their button even doesn't send a normal command anymore at all
  • I got 2 buttons. One has been working, but is not working anymore. Maybe same problem as Athom debugging describes.
    Other button is triggering a wake up flow and works great.
  • caseda said:

Athom can confirm this with their z-wave sniffer, their button even doesn't send a normal command anymore at all

So do you know if they are working on fixxing this ? 

What is the alternative for the fibaro button ? 
  • We are not, after many tries we finally managed to reset the button which seems to work ok at the moment.
  • I have been debugging it a little on wake up changes of the button,

and it almost seems like it just doesn't wake up properly, even on pushing 4x

Don't receive any information when asking any information of the button when awake. 

So not awake fully/fall asleep in the meanwhile can also result in not resetting properly.. 

@robinbolscher in FW v1.1.3 is the wakeup interval properly changed to its ranges and step on inclusion? Maybe that can give a clue to what's up
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited January 2017
    Robin said:
    We are not, after many tries we finally managed to reset the button which seems to work ok at the moment.
    What did you exactly do to reset? I still can't use one of my buttons.