This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Wanted: Tag placement for 'Delay timer Sec/Min'

When creating a rule for our blinds, to go up after Sunrise, I add in a value in the time delay option. (small clock icon) There I can set the amount of minutes/ or seconds depending on my desired delay for the screens to go up. However, I desire this value to be dependend on various conditions. Now I need to create multiple flows to do so as I have no option to assing a tag or variable to this setting. I do believe this could be easily realized, as we can already use 'Tags' in many other parameters. If this could be implemented it would be awsome. I can use other paramters like 'Holiday', 'Weekend' and 'Home/away' to influence the time needed in the delay box. Or even the seasons could be taken into account to get the desired delay.

Comments

• I think I understand what you want and maybe the option isn't in teh "time delay option", but in the use of a countdown timer?

So when the sun goes up... And the temp is > Tag Temp, And it Weekend Tag = False, And Hollyday Tag is True. Turn countdowntimer Blinds 1

Isn't that a option?

• I have just installed the countdown timer, but it just doesn't seem to work. When a flow gets more then 1 item in the "And" colom the flows get really unreliable. I must do a complete factory reset soon. For now it's game over. I will wait for some more app updates, then reset everything and start from scratch. ;)
  • Make your own Virtual Buttons like Home, Away, Weekend and you can use them in your flows.
  • I have made some, for my alarm for instance. They work well for me. As for home, Weekend, Away and so on, I have made some rules that set those automatically, and that works pretty good. I have used 'Better Logic' to control those. What I want now is to use 'Better Logic' to set a delay value based off some conditions, and use that number as a 'tag' in the delay option. Unfortunately this is not yet possible as the delay option doesn't support tags, but manual input only.

I could possibly create several rules to achieve this, but I have issues with flows getting confused. This is probably my own doing, as it's getting harder to have a clear oversight with so many rules. Therefore I am hoping for some  simplicity. Putting a simple tag field in the delay box would be a very minor adjustment in my opinion, but would defiantly clean up some rules in my case. And 'Else' state would too, but that's another story. ;)

• glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    Here some flows to look at, So you don't mess up your flows.

lights in livvingroom on with speech

here the same lights on with a Virtual button  With the false AND Card!! This must be false because in the next and last flow i put on the  switch when the lamps are triggerd by speech. So you don't get in a infinity loop of turning on the lamps for ever!!

Here the lamps livingroom wil be triggered

To prevent  comming in infinity loops use the false and true cards!! in the AND column

• I believe I am using the same approach, more or less,  for my lighting as well. I did put a countdown timer in here, so I could be walking up the stairs without triggering the lights. After 900 seconds the timer should be inactive.

When going downstairs in the morning I want his to happen. But somehow I can't get it to work.

Anyway, this is a bit off topic.

This is what I really want:

Now I have made several flows, with different time delays. And somehow it just messes op from time to time. It could be due to the fact I am using just one IFTTT trigger for all these flows. I'm not sure.  So I would be really happy if I could just place a 'Better Logic' tag into the red rectangle. That would make my life quite a bit easier. :)