This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Smartwares RM174RF

looked around and the SmartWares RM174RF smoke detectors are supported by RFLink/Domoticz (and were sold quit a lot in NL).
Can I add these to the Homey so I can add them as a trigger?
Or will be added later (or not at all) ?

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited January 2017
    tismij said:
    looked around and the SmartWares RM174RF smoke detectors are supported by RFLink/Domoticz (and were sold quit a lot in NL).
    Can I add these to the Homey so I can add them as a trigger?
    Or will be added later (or not at all) ?

Can't find quikly how they are connected, thats the main question that has to be answered. If it's zwave/433mhz  then you can add them already as general zwave and when app is made for it by Athom or community as device. As far i can see it's no zwave and also no 433mhz and it doensn't have a api.  Edit: I found here that the link to domoticz isn't working anymore when i was searching how domoticz did the connection to your RM174RF -> https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/47300319#47300319

Maybe you can tell wich protocol they use to give a better answer or point the way how domoticz is doing this?
  • Dont find it does not work in that link (read the entire thread before).
    Read on the ibood forum they sent the codes to homewizard and others and it works on 433Mhz so hoped it would also work here.
    Can I add a generic 433mhz device like zwave?
  • Think the protocol is 868 already asked bas kiers to add the 433 variant of Smartwares (fa21rf) wich is also owned by a lot of ex homewizard users (including me) but No response yet
  • Just talked to him on Slack. It doesnt respond to the kaku app but hè Will look into it
  • Would be excellent if they add it, still think it's 433Mhz though said so at time of purchase at least.
  • Found that the FA21RF smoke detectors us the NEXA KD101 in many homeautomation suits (Homeseer/Domoticz)

So looking into that i found the decoding of the signal is done by the hardware, so source is not available, (RFCOM3)
    But they only have 1 signal they send (Panic) so should be easy for Athom to add these.

@baskiers , could you look into this? Or at least make a trello card?

• Hij is toegevoegd in de app,
    Vanavond eens proberen :)
  • WRosWRos Member
    Hi @luccie_007,
    Have you tested the FA21RF or the RM174RF smoke detector?
    What is the result?
  • WRos said:
    Hi @luccie_007,
    Have you tested the FA21RF or the RM174RF smoke detector?
    What is the result?
    FA21RF

works for me :) Have 2 paired to homey
    But they are not master slave I believe. (paired)
    So I made a flow, if one goes of, the other one gets sounded as well.
  • WRosWRos Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks!
    A friend has got the FA20RF. After a year the device gives false alarms. What are your experiences?
  • I havent had any yet, as far as i know.
    But they lay around, i still need to mount the to the ceiling.
  • WRos said:
    Thanks!
    A friend has got the FA20RF. After a year the device gives false alarms. What are your experiences?
    I had the same problem, cleaning the sensor from dust did the trick.

• WRosWRos Member
    Hoppa, I have order 4. Delivered tomorrow! HOORAY
  • Does anybody know if the smartwares RM174RF works with the homey (ore only the FA20RF)