This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey offline

For a few days my Homey seems to be offline. Over the internal network there is connection, from outside with port forwarding also. But with the app, or from the "apps-store" it is not possible to connect.
It seems that there is no way to check the connection to Athom in the Homey Settings page, or reinitialize it again.
Do I have to do the turn over trick and setup the wifi settings again? Or is it another problem at the Athom side?

Comments

• A reboot (settings-system-reboot) should siffice. Just a couple of mouseclicks...
  • Thnks for the advise, also after a reboot Homey was offline.
    Looking into the network setup at home I noticed that my local DNS-server was offline and Homey seems only to use one dns, without any backup.... After a reboot of the Pi-hole raspberry Homey was immediately online.

• Maybe this condition card can be handy to check for these situations and let a light or ledring turn if there's no connection. (Candy App).

• I mentioned the Offline-problem on Slack last week.  @Annemarie replied that they are aware of the problem.

By the way, when I have the 'Homey is offline' popup, it is actually still reachable, I just need to refresh the page (F5 in Chrome, Ctrl-R in Homey App).
  • Maybe this condition card can be handy to check for these situations and let a light or ledring turn if there's no connection. (Candy App).

Not compatibele with my Homey version v1.1.2?
  • If you edit app.json and change line 11 from 1.0.x to 1.1.x then you can install candy again through the commandline...
    https://github.com/matjaz/info.matjaz.candy/issues/13
  • Hi, I'm having this offline issue too. I'm using the Homey app on my MacBook. Rebooting after pulling the power plug just helped for a few minutes. Is there an easy solution? 
  • SPreeSPree Member
    I have this once or twice a week. A cold reboot helps. Today is particularly bad, I did several reboots, it won't come online. Athom should make this a priority.
  • SPree said:
    I have this once or twice a week. A cold reboot helps. Today is particularly bad, I did several reboots, it won't come online. Athom should make this a priority.
    As there are lots of things that should be priority.. Anyways. Do you use a custom DNS server or not? 
  • SPreeSPree Member
    SPree said:
    As there are lots of things that should be priority.. Anyways. Do you use a custom DNS server or not? 
    No.
  • alpolalpol Member
    I had this issue.
    the problem was in DHCP Reservation time.
    I had a 7 days res time and homey became offline something like every 7 days. I’ve rebooted my router and changed the time to one day 24 hours.
    Now homey is 250+ hours online!