This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

how to cope with testwindow in 1.1.2?

Since update to 1.1.2 the Homey app shows a strange window which pops up when testing a flow. It is influencing, or better taking over, the "THEN" part because the automatic generated values are presented instead of the expected outcome. As an example I made a flow with the Weather Underground app which is responding very well it itself. Unfortunately the flow doesnot as I mentioned before in the apps category.
What can be the background, meaning and/or use of this window?

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2017
    it shows you the tag information on the trigger card you are using.
    before you had to guess the values, which caused more confusion then results when testing a flow
    it even allows you to change the values to have an easier testing way

and it will still hide it won't stay open or anything, so i don't know what really the complaint is about?
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited January 2017
    @caseda In the presented flow the value "5" in the test window, which is automatically generated and so not the actual temp., is mentioned in the "THEN" result instead of the real temperature, generated by WU (around 0 at the moment). If I make the testvalue "empty" the THEN-outcome gives also an "empty", so no temp. at all. If I change the testvalue in f.e. 10, that value will be presented in the voice-outcome. The WU-command in the "AND" (<2 in the example) is not influencing the outcome. It would have been quite clear to me if the WU-tags from "IF" could be placed at the testwindow but that's not possible.
    So my question, not really a complaint, is how to get this flow working with real figures and not the testvalue.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2017
    it was not possible to have the real values there, that why the "automatically generated" value is there, it is a pre-determined value by the creator.

this was exactly like the way before, but know the user can use their own value to test it more easily instead of just waiting until for example a temperature gets really above 20 degrees before it does anything if you use the real value, or only have the value that the developer gave as example value.

you can still look in the Tags oversight (if the value is inside there) what value it really is now, and fill that in

some apps, like weather underground, only trigger internally on changes so it is not saved anywhere to use it in homey
  • So the final conclusion should be that this flow is not going to work?
  • i see all checkmarks, so why isn't it working?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2017
    the temperature is probably really below 2 degrees celcius (that is what the AND card is checking, and not what the value is showing on the tag of the trigger cards)..
    the trigger (IF) cards and AND are 2 entirely different cards and ways to trigger them, so you can not try to compare them in any way.

just complain at the app creator that it is working this way,
    or use the logic card (is smaller then) instead of the build in weather underground app's AND card to use the tag from the trigger card there instead of the AND card that is build into the weather underground app.

just keep in mind, it is a flow TEST button, not a pre-trigger button
  • caseda said:
    just keep in mind, it is a flow TEST button, not a pre-trigger button
    First, this is important. Second, in the condition-column (and-column, second column) you'd better exchange the WU-card with a Homey-logic card and drag the temp-tag from the trigger-column (1st column) to the card. Then again, already said that, it will trigger on every 0.1 temperature-change as reported by WU so Homey will keep talking as long as temperature is below 2 degrees...
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited January 2017
    @caseda and @BasVanDenBosch tnx for your helpfull remarks and sorry for late response (newyears family duties :tired_face:  )
    I'm afraid that doing the WU-flowexercise I'm coming across more and more new issues.
    As you advised, I tried to use both Logica and BL in the "AND" function. These give both the problem that I could not drop the WU "temp"-tag from "IF" into the "AND". The place for tags is not colouring blue. Afterwards I tried a complete different flow without WU: same results. It seems that since I updated to Homey 1.1.2 these problems with tags in L/BL started. Is this issue known to any of you? Or..... am I doing something very stupid?
    Btw I realize very well that making this WU-flow would make Homey repeating itself again and again. I'm just exercising with these kind of flows.
  • @JanH
    true the WU app needs to convert it's number tokens, to real number tokens (this has changed in 1.1.2 to have 3 different tag ways, number, string and boolean (true/false)), now they are unspecified which makes them string tokens which don't work in number logic cards
  • @caseda Aha! That makes sense! Tnx again.