This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Groups & virtual switches

JschuetzJschuetz Member
edited December 2016 in Ideas & Suggestions
Hello,

i am missing default groups like "all lights" "all switches" .... And the option to build own groups for example i have some lamps with three e27 lamps.

Groups are necessary for many tasks and flows. I will use one switch or i will use the same color for the lamps. 

My wish:

I can go to the homey app and i can switch off all lights, all switches with one virtual switch (per group)
I can build own groups like LivingRoom_Lamp ( include 3 e27 hue white lamps). I can use the groups in the flow, now i have to set all three lights or i have to use the hue scenes.  I can say that i don't wanna manage all 3 hue lamps ( selectbox would be cool) instead i  wanna use the group object LivingRoom_Lamp in the homey app.

This should be a default service. 

And one other wish is an "or" statement in the flow editor.

Comments

• Hi @Jschuetz, at Athom's public timeline (roadmap), you can see where Athom is working on and what apps the community is working on. Your suggestion is already on it and Athom is working on it: https://trello.com/c/I4QoVP6T/42-grouped-devices-example-one-button-to-turn-lights-a-b-c-to-red
  • make the virtual switches yourself
  • Appie said:
    Hi @Jschuetz, at Athom's public timeline (roadmap), you can see where Athom is working on and what apps the community is working on. Your suggestion is already on it and Athom is working on it: https://trello.com/c/I4QoVP6T/42-grouped-devices-example-one-button-to-turn-lights-a-b-c-to-red

Ok thank you! I hope we will get dynamic groups for every device type (light, switches, sensor) and the option to make own groups. 
  • Talked about one of your requests with Emile on the community day and asked last week for a status update so it's coming:

lubbertkramer [7:05 PM] 
    @weejewel We talked at the community day about putting devices of the same sort in groups. For example smokesensors, so that in a group they could use the same capabilities so that if one triggers for smoke/heat the flow would be triggered instead of having three flows for each smokesensor. Will we see something like this in 1.2 ? (A)

weejewel [7:07 PM] 
    @lubbertkramer I don't have a specific version planned for it, but probably within 2months

lubbertkramer [7:07 PM] 
    great @weejewel :raised_hands:
  • Nice
  • Talked about one of your requests with Emile on the community day and asked last week for a status update so it's coming:

@weejewel We talked at the community day about putting devices of the same sort in groups. For example smokesensors, so that in a group they could use the same capabilities so that if one triggers for smoke/heat the flow would be triggered instead of having three flows for each smokesensor. Will we see something like this in 1.2 ? (A)

@lubbertkramer I don't have a specific version planned for it, but probably within 2months

Is this still on the feature list?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited May 2017
    d_janssen said:
    Talked about one of your requests with Emile on the community day and asked last week for a status update so it's coming:

Is this still on the feature list?
    yes, mentioned as OR in the software updates but will come after the ELSE (that is in 1.3 in experimental now)