This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Input required: flow's with time

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Hi all!

I'm looking for your scenarios that have anything to do with time and/or date.

Please share them, so I can make sure that Homey has the right flow blocks!

Examples I'd like to hear:

• "When the time is 20:00, close the curtains"
  • "Every 10 minutes, check if ..."
  • etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited May 2015

What I have configured for the moment (mix of IFTTT and my Almond+) is pretty basic :P

• at sunset turn on garden light, at sunrise shut off garden light
    • At 8:30pm, close roller shutters, at 6:15am open roller shutters

I guess those will already be supported :D

• jovinkjovink Member

When 20.00 and nobody 's home close curtains...

• JonJon Member

Timer function: "When 10 minutes has passed by and something has / has not occurred, do something."

• djeskodjesko Member

Time 0600 to 0700 Monday to Friday do....

When coffee done start squeezebox in kitchen and play radio / tell whether if motion is detected.

Today I only get push notifications on my phone.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2015
    • If lights in bathroom switched on and switch on time is longer then 300 secs ago
    • switch elektric heater on

• If date between 1-8-2015 and 15-8-2015 and sun goes from sunrise to sunset
    • run sub- routine/flow "Fake that we are home lights"

• If date between 1-8-2015 and 15-8-2015 and time >23:30 (random -/+ 20min)
    • run sub- routine/flow "Lets fake that we are going to sleep"

• if sunset or garden lux < 200
    • switch frontyard light on

• if sunrise or garden lux > 500
    • switch frontyard light off
  • That is a very important one. It should be possible to set timer per day or at least for workdays or weekend. I would like to turn on the lights and radio when I have to get up on workdays. On weekends I would like to stay in bed a bit later than 06:00

Also the comination with a sensor is usefull.

• Time 06:00 monday to friday AND light level outside is below x turn on lights and turn on radio
    • Time 06:00 monday to friday AND light level outside is above x open blinds and turn on radio
    • After sundown turn on garden light at 50%
    • After sundown and motion detected turn on garden lights at 100% for 10 min. after go back to 50%

It would be very cool if the next case is possible.
    *add a switch to turn on the garden lights at 80%
    *after sundown turn on garden lights at 50%
    *After sundown and motion detected turn on garden lights at 100% for 10 min. after go back to 50%. Unless the switch is activated then ignore motion and leave lights at 80%

bathroom light.

• motion turn on. no motion for 5min turn off.
  • cjvscjvs Member
    edited May 2015

Some things I would like to implement:

1.If time between sunset and sunrise, and hall lights are off, switch on hall lights when front door is opened. Then if not switched off after 5 minutes, switch of hall lights;

2.If time is between midday (or better yet, calculate when sun enters room somehow) and sunset - 1 hour, and homey is asked to switch on the TV, ask if curtains have to be closed;

3.If time is between 07:00 and 08:00 on weekdays (and when not on holiday) and outside temperature is <0 degrees, warn me to switch on the car pre-heater once motion is detected in the living room.

• honeyhoney Member
    edited May 2015

Also it would be useful to have extended time parameters:

- Fortnightly events

- Monthly events

- Randomised trigger with random time range: If no one at home between 6 PM and 2 AM » Turn on the lights in Random room, Random frequency (15-90 minutes), Random duration (5-40 minutes)

• honeyhoney Member

If someone spends more than 2 minutes in the bathroom turn on the ventilation for 10 minutes :)

• honeyhoney Member

If someone triggers the motion sensor during the 4PM – 9 PM time frame that turn on the lights with 100% intensity. If the sensor triggered 9 PM – 11 PM time frame than use 50% intensity. If the MS is triggered during the 11 PM – 5 AM time frame than use only the mood lighting LED tapes with 20% intensity.

• blusserblusser Member

Hollyday calendar == dutch hollidays
    If today is weekday and not public hollyday then...

To be able to set variable vacationdate (01-08-2015 till 15-08-2015)
    And use the variable in scenes

If time is 06:30 and (day is weekday and not hollyday) then heat bathroom; sleep 1800; turn light bedroom to 10%; sleep 60; turn light bedroom 20%

If PIR hall or PIR stairs == breached ; turn stairlights on; else sleep 30 ; turn stairlights off

Be able to connect to iCal calendar and use appointment information

Be able to connect to caldav addressbool and use birthday, weddingday/special day information
    (Homey sings happy birthday at 09:00 am :-))

• For NL: If month is may and day is 4 and time is 20:00 switch on garden-lights for 2 minutes.

• 30 minutes before sunset turn on Hue Lights

• MaRaMaRa Member

Between 23:00 and 8:00, lower Homey response volume to 50%

• If 07:00 - 17:00 disable voice commands. or If nobody home -> disable voice commands.

else they can shout through the window "open door locks"

• NienixNienix Member
    edited June 2015

Alarm:
    At 5:45 radio on, volume 0.
    Every minute volume +1 (cant shutdown).
    If phone moves to kitchen: turn radio off.

• djeskodjesko Member

1700 to 1800 no movement in kitchen.. Notify wife that she is late! ;-) ( she will kill me)

• ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
    edited June 2015

Use cases

• If time is 01:00 and nobody's home: turn off all lights
    • If activity (movement or doors) is detected in the garden and it's night time (between sunset and sunrise): turn on garden lights
    • If last activity (movement or doors) was detected in the garden exactly 2 minutes ago and garden lights are on: turn off garden lights
    • If humidity of room has been higher than avarage humidity of all rooms for at least ten minutes and lights in this room are on: activate ventilation

Abstract flow scenarios

• If flow [X] has run exactly [Y] seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months ago: start flow [Z]
    • If flow [X] has not run for exactly [Y] seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months: start flow [Z]
    • Start flow [X] only if flow [y] has not run in the last [Z] seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months
    • Start flow [X] recurring every [Y] seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months
    • Start flow [X] at [time] on [day of week/day of month/day of year]
    • From flow [X] plan start of flow [Y] after delay of [Z] seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months
    • From flow [X] cancel all planned/delayed starts of flow [Y]
    • If value [X] is (not)higher/lower/equal to [Y] for exactly 1 minutes/hours/days/weeks/months: start flow [Z]
    • If value [X] is (not)higher/lower/equal to [Y] for at least 1 minutes/hours/days/weeks/months AND (other condition): start flow [Z]
    • While running flow [X] wait/delay [Y] milliseconds/seconds/minutes between action [1] and [2]
    • If time is night time then start flow [X] (e.g. between sunset and sunrise)
    • If time is daytime then start flow [X] (e.g. between sunrise and sunset)
    • If time is after sunset then start flow [X] (e.g. between sunset and 00:00h)
    • If time is before sunrise then start flow [X] (e.g. between 0:00h and sunrise)
  • edited June 2015

maybe over-accentuated ... but the sunset - sunrise timings should be dynamically based on the Homey location and date. For me probably combined with a time frame to ensure "mistakes".

• IF time is 20:00 AND sunset IF [kidsroom] lights are switched on THEN max brightness 10%
    • IF [bathroom] movement is detected AND [bathroom] ambient light level below [x] AND time is between 23:00 - 6:00 THEN max brightness 10% AND light color #FF7E00
  • If it's wednesday 09:00 or friday 09:00 turn on the radio.

Although this is very basic rule a lot of (simple) schedulars wont allow you to select specific days of the week to do something. Does the Homey flow editor allow this rule to be configured in one rule using day of the week selection?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yep that's possible :)

• ZiglarZiglar Member

maybe a holliday/vacation/business trip pause?
    if mode=holloday pause flow 1, 2, 3, 4 ?

• JeroenKleijnJeroenKleijn Member
    edited July 2015

That can be done with the AND:
    if time =20:00 AND mode is "at home" turn on lights
    So if you set it to "holliday" mode the lights will not turned on.

This way you can also make timers specific for holiday (at home simulation)

• And another basic question concerning time but not for the trigger but for the actions. Is it possible to add delays or wait actions between other actions

IF time = 18:00 THEN do something AND wait 2 seconds THEN do another thing AND wait 1 second AND do something else.

• IF birthday AND suject IS awake THEN play birthdaysong.

every 5 minutes ping device X. IF no response notify owner.

IF F1 race is today notify owner 10 minutes before start.

Delays are possible (even random, so between x and y seconds/minutes) :-)

• All within the flow editor?

edited July 2015

Yes yes :)

This means somewhere between 0 and 2 seconds delay

• djeskodjesko Member

Looks great!

• Wow!
    You guys keep impressing me!