This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Include variables in spoken text?

I'd like to include some speech to flow-actions. No problem with "Say something". But what if I want to include variables to that speech? Something like; "The button was pressed $varButtonPressCount$ times"... is that possible?

Comments

• Try {{$varButtonPressCount}}
    Thanks but no... It just says "dollar varButtonPressCount".
  • U will have to make a "normal" variable to get this to work, not the "better logic" card.
    So store ur variable in a build-in logic card, then it should work.
  • @Rocodamelshe   @KoenMartens   Do you guys perhaps know  how to make a timestamp in a variable?
    something like  {{$time}}
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited December 2016
    thanks for the help.  i have now the next problem, i explane in dutch.
    Ik heb de tijd in een variabele gezet, zoals je voorstelde. (dat ging)  maar bij het uitlezen haalt hij de dubbele punt weg, en begint vervolgens door te tellen met een komma ertussen.
    de tijd is bv  20:24        hij maakt ervan       20,21,22,23             en die gaat hij ook voorlezen zo      op zich lachen natuurlijk,   maar schijnbaar weet hij met die dubbele punt geen weg...
    enig idee?

i hope you can read dutch.
  • U will have to make a "normal" variable to get this to work, not the "better logic" card.
    So store ur variable in a build-in logic card, then it should work.

Thanks... Got it! I was indeed using "Better Logic". Is it possible to transfer variables from "normal" to "better logic" and vice versa? This could come in handy because "better logic" offers some math possibilities.
    Thanks but no... It just says "dollar varButtonPressCount".

I should have mentioned "Better Logic", so you were right. Thanks!