This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Import/Export and templates for flows

I'd like to import, export and have templates for flows. Als copy an existing flow would be nice.

Comments

• Check the app store, there's an app for that  :)
  • Thanks. This should be less of a hassle I think and next to that it would be nice to have templates, that's not what this app does as far as i know.
  • What do you mean by templates? Do you mean flows build for you with devices in it? Thats almost impossible because every environment is different. Better look at the shared flows here on the forum (screenhots with description), from that you get a idea about what is possible and can make a flow for your demands/situation. 

The community is also willing to help if you describe your idea/problem to build a flow with you. 
  • I know that there are ways to create flows and get help. But as this is the idea's and suggestions part of the forum I have this suggestion, it would make life so much easier. I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. If the templates are smart enough you can import a template as a draft and fill in the devices you have installed. So then it would use terms in the draft as "lamp", "switch",  "sensor", "mediadevice" and with a pulldown you can choose the device you have installed and want to use in that flowstep.
  • Or turn things around. Why not create a library (in the forum?) per device. This way everyone can download (basic) flows for the device that are being used for the specific situation.
    It is then up to the user to combine several flows to get the desired effects for his/hers situation. That way forum members only have to assist with more complex flows.
This discussion has been closed.