This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Use variable from 1 flow in another flow

Hi

I'm trying to do this:

A call comes in, it's a known number from the phonebook (Fritz)
- I announce this
- A push message is sent to my phone
- I save the name in a variable

When someone else comes home, who wants to know who the last caller was, he/she asks homey 'who was the last caller' and I want homey to say: 'the last caller was ' + contents of variable Lastcaller

How do I fetch that variable in the Say command in the then column?

If that works, It would be nice if I can store the time of the call in the first flow, and also use it in the second flow.

How do I do that ?

Comments

• I believe it was using "{LastCaller}" or "{{LastCaller}}". Give those a shot and let us know :)
  • {{$LastCaller}}
  • You will need to use the normal logic for being able to use {{$LastCaller}} won't work with the better logic app
  • @YvesGeffens in no way to tease but if you have a Fritzbox and one or more (Fritzphone) DECT's at home you can switch your mobile in parallel with it. You will never miss any incoming call anymore, wherever you are.
  • @KoenMartens @Rocodamelshe @caseda ;
    {{$LastCaller}} did indeed the trick. I anticipated already on that in the first flow. Only adding it to a second 'say something' in the second flow, was all I needed to do. I used a second say card, just to add 1 second of delay, that's easier to understand.

@JanH
    I know, but I'm not the only one using the home phone. So just being alerted when a call comes in is enough for me.
    A function as in 'Operator, please call xxx for me', and my DECT phone rings when the other person is on the line, THAT would be great.

@ all
    This leaves me with, how do I add the time to this (first flow) ?
    That way I can announce not only the caller's name, but also when he/she called.

Anyone ?

Thanks !
  • if you get this flow to work please post it in positive working flow so we can all use it?
  • @YvesGeffens OK I understand. Anyway, an interesting thought about how to build flows. I am curious whether it is going to work for you. Success with your Homey.
  • @JanH ;
    I also forgot to explain the BL-variable 'Push Message'.
    I just change to value with what I want to push.
    Another flow is triggered on the changed value, and pushes a message.
    This way I can change push-servers, add extra rules (eg. only push at daytime), and do other tricks.
    I'm using this flow in all other flows.
    Very basic, but this way I only have to change one flow, and all the other flows can benefit from it.

• does anyone know;      Is it possible to capure the time in a variable?
    for instance   sort off    {{$TIME}}    or tijd.
    What i try to make is a flow that tells me what time, en what was   de laatste melding    From the fire department.
    Now the      laatste melding         I got working,    but i want to hear also the time when it happend.
    Also then i make a flow whitin the timestamp will be read   when a person came home.
    Someone??
  • I tried to get an answer in 3 different tropics. I think it's not possible ;)
  • I tried to get an answer in 3 different tropics. I think it's not possible ;)
    you asked the same?    so there is a need i guess.
    what i found out is that the card   tijd / datum    has a black label    tijd   which can be used in a string..
  • @WathLamers ;
    The thing is, I want to store the time when something happens, I don't want to store the time, when I know what the time is (that's what the if-column is used for).
    Also, and that will be a Better Logic thing, I want to know the time when a variable is touched for the last time.
  • Thats what i also looking for.   want to store the time when something happend.

Dutch;  Ik bedoelde hierboven dat ik niet verder kom dan de  IF  kolom.
    Ik heb al van alles geprobeerd met haakjes, strrings, dubbele haakje  tijd  time    maar niets reageert.   :'(