This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Adjust commercial on the Homey site

Oud & Nieuw

Homey verdient een plek in je huiskamer, niet in de meterkast. Met zes krachtige Infrarood-LEDs stuurt Homey met gemak je oude apparatuur en TV's aan.

Are we remove this advertisement, or let Homey do what is advertised?

Comments

• +1
  • I know that there al really 2 camp's in this matter. But for me it works for as far as i want to use it.

I only have a few simple commands. Tv on, receiver on/off and  channels. For me that works. 

• Did you really need this topic because of your other topic starter 40 minutes earlier -? https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2353/is-ir-not-working-anymore-is-it-disabled ? Don't know but shouting hard on sunday won't work, just send Athom support email and they will come back to you, because IR is working for other people but IR is a very old i signal and thats why every situation is different or maybe your Homey had some hardware issues. 
  • I would be satisfied if I could do the same, but it doesn't.
    I don't know what is wrong now, but now it totally doesn't work, so no list of devices and no way to learn a remote.
    I think I have waited long enough for it to work, I waited almost two years to receive my Homey and I waited since
    October this year for IR to get work, or to see that Athom is spending time on this issue.
    I need the IR, simply because a lot off audio/video devices still rely on this.
    So now I just wanted to work, or I think they have to adjust there advertisement and say that IR is no option anymore
    on Homey!!!

I have read several post on this forum and I don't see any positive response from Athom.

• glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    Als ik mijn Homey verplaatst naar de plek waar ik mijn audio apparatuur bestuur mbv de afstandbediening werkt homey eigenlijk heel goed. Verplaats ik de homey naar de plek waar mijn afstandsbediening af en toe een lucky shot heeft met het bedienen van de audioapparatuur dan geeft homey daar bijna dezelfde resultaten.

Met inlezen van IR in mijn homey en het er normaal gebruik van de afstandbediening mist Homey hier trouwens geen signaal, in ieder geval niet meer of minder dan als ik de afstandbediening gebruik voor mijn audio apparatuur:-)

Hoe zit dat dan eigenlijk met IR, moeten we er maar van uitgaan dat IR overal doorheen gaat net zoals Harmony Hub daarmee adverteert ( is trouwens een specialiteit van hun, toch?). Nog geen ervaring mee trouwens, binnenkort hopelijk wel:-), of is het niet zo dat net zoals bij mij thuis ik niet vanaf overal in mijn huiskamer maar mijn audio apparatuur kan bedienen met mijn  IR-afstandbediening als met Homey?

• To be absolutely clear on this issue.

MY HOMEY IS IN FRONT OF ALL MY AUDIO/VIDEO DEVICES.
    I CAN NOT AT ANY DEVICE ON HOMEY, NEITHER IN GOOGLE CHROME AND NEITHER IN THE HOMEY APP.

SO IT IS SIMPLY TOTALY NOT WORKING ANYMORE I ALREADY DID SEVERAL REBOOTS, NO RESULT!
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    bschoppi said:
    I think I have waited long enough for it to work, I waited almost two years to receive my Homey and I waited since October this year for IR to get work, or to see that Athom is spending time on this issue.

strange it is just on the market, and before that it was a kickstarters project:-/ 

• Martijn27Martijn27 Member
    edited December 2016
    Ik kan totaal niets doen met IR. Geen apparaat wordt herkend, geen import mogelijk van afstandsbediening (reageert totaal niet op ingedrukte toetsen, hoe ik de afstandbediening ook positioneer tov de homey).

Gezien de commercial, de promo filmpjes en de verpakking laten weten dat IR ondersteund wordt is dit zeer teleurstellend. Temeer daar ik hierdoor ongeveer 80% van wat ik van plan was niet kan uitvoeren. Ja, IR is oud, maar dat wil niet zeggen dat het niet ondersteund moet worden! Niet alles praat IP (en dat is maar goed ook).

Ik heb mijn homey nu dik 1 week in huis en had eindelijk echt de tijd om ermee te gaan klooien. Ik voel me echt belazerd.

In dat opzicht is de vraag om ofwel de reclame aan te passen ofwel de functionaliteit een zeer beschaafde manier om erop te wijzen dat e.e.a. ook in een juridisch licht bekeken zou kunnen (moeten?) worden.

Edit: ik herinner me dat ik vrijdagavond laat nog wel reactie kreeg op button presses, maar daarna niet meer. De hardware werkt dus wel, het is echt een software probleem (meerdere reboots gedaan, geen verandering). Voor nu is mijn homey dus niet meer dan een uiterst dure KAKU afstandbediening.
  • bschoppi said:
    To be absolutely clear on this issue.

[....]
    In this way, post a message in all capital letters looks very unprofessional. Just as earlier reported, creating two new reports on the same subject and not just search in the forum for a discussion concerning your problem to place your question.
    That behavior does not invite to be helped.
  • IR works for my TV and my Denon DRA-425R amp which is 20+ years old.
    ... so if not by you, then you do something wrong.

That's what this post triggers in my mind.
    ... so if not by you, then you do something wrong.

That's what this post triggers in my mind.
    Or you have other things differently,
    Fe:  an other brand TV,
    Other setup (less reflective walls than Dieters or my  situation where it works)
    Also possibly an defective Homey ....

Maybe time to investigate, eliminate and solve a problem.

Adjusting a commercial msg on the website of Athom is not something WE can....
    Also I prefer to make Homey better  on IR and add more Remotes to the IR database as they promised.

FYI,  I also checked adding a IR device from the DB but today this doesn't  work, so I will ask Athom Monday to check their servers. Maybe something is down because  it worked for me some time ago. 

I prefer working on solutions, IMHO that is better than assuming someone is blaming others doing it wrong.  
  • bschoppi said:
    To be absolutely clear on this issue.

[....]
    In this way, post a message in all capital letters looks very unprofessional. Just as earlier reported, creating two new reports on the same subject and not just search in the forum for a discussion concerning your problem to place your question.
    That behavior does not invite to be helped.
    Oh please, get off your high horse.

This 'behaviour' you speak of is triggered by people not reading the posts properly and assuming the poster is an idiot or something, doesn't understand the limitations of IR, and proceeding to post based on that assumption. This was justified yelling, IMHO.

Thankfully the problem is confirmed on both threads, since two others (yourself included) noticed that it doesn't work as advertised (pun intended). If it is as simple as a downed DB server I'd expect it to be solved quickly - but two days down already means that this DB server (if that's the case) isn't monitored as closely as its importance would seem to dictate...
  • IR is working just fine with my setting:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2338/the-big-show-your-video-topic#latest

Also have video's from 1 mtr distance, 2 mtr and 5 mtr with different devices. From Philips to Gamma.
    So it's working different for different setups me guess.

• IR is working just fine with my setting:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2338/the-big-show-your-video-topic#latest

Also have video's from 1 mtr distance, 2 mtr and 5 mtr with different devices. From Philips to Gamma.
    So it's working different for different setups me guess.

Big +1 to u!

And so the conclusion is;
    All others in this topic have broken Homey's, so all create a RMA request to Athom!
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    He guy's.

Maybe this can help its is a issue i had in the past.

I had with my Bose remote also a problem with pairing a while ago.

But i found out that my remote was in wrong mode:-/ I can set the remote in IR, bluetooth and some other modes.
    when i changed the mode of my bose remote to IR i had no problems learning in my remote.

I learned just now my UPC remote and have no issues, I started over with my bose remote in wrong mode and i can't learn the IR in Homey. Changed again the mode of the bose to IR and no problems learning IR in Homey.

Hope this helps for some of you.

• MHubert said:
    Big +1 to u!

And so the conclusion is;
    All others in this topic have broken Homey's, so all create a RMA request to Athom!
    Just wanted to say it's working for me so it's not IR in general or Homey in general.
    I sure did'nt wanna spoil the negativity of this topic. Just some info so we can all look further to find a solution.
  • OK, please tell us how to approach! 
    Didn't read any real suggestions and only saying; "It works for" isn't very helpfull.
    Also reading a lot of people who say; Don't wine, its working here! 

End of the story is;
    The topic starter has issues with IR and nobody is able/willing to help him.
    Athom isn't reacting on this and IR is, from the beginning of the project, a big issue or features which isn't working as stable/intuitive as hoped.

@topic-start;
    Did you add these device to the IR request page?
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1983/homey-infrared

Which remotes did you test (Brand/Type)
    Which buttons of these remotes did you test?
    From what distance did you test the remotes?
    On what distance was Homey when trying to control other devices?
    Which devices did you try to control?
  • Can't check for functionality at the moment but searching the DB seems to work now

That didn't work yesterday, so I'm happy to see a sign of improvement!

In the other thread about this, Annemarie said they did indeed find an issue with IR and solved that. No details though.
This discussion has been closed.