This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Hue Disco app

Is it possible to copy the Hue Disco App functionality to Homey? My kids would love it! With some trigger: he Homey, it's weekend, let's start Sonos and do some disco lights!

Comments

• I looked at it but there was no way to access the microfoon and do something like find the bpm.
    Maybee @Athom can allow this in the next updates when Media Centre gets implemented .
    Would be nice. I know what you mean, my kids also punch on Sonos and ask me to strat the Hue Disco app on my Phone 3 times a week

• Appie said:
    Is it possible to copy the Hue Disco App functionality to Homey? My kids would love it! With some trigger: he Homey, it's weekend, let's start Sonos and do some disco lights!
    what phone do you have, or more accurately do you have a android?
    I know a Homey app would be nice, but as a workaround you could use Tasker & HueManic, instructions for android here : http://sleep.urbandroid.org/documentation/tutorials/tasker/

Next you need to trigger the task from Homey, you have a couple options, my preferred way would be through autoremote, optionally pushover & pushbullet would work as well    
    you could create a flow with http get to the autoremote web service 
  • I have configured something similar. In the evening, Homey starts the thunderbirds theme song, starts flashing the hue lamps and then closes the roller shutters. (I'm still having loads of fun each night)

An easy way to configure these kind of "staged scenes" is to use a flow for each stage. 
    Begin with stage 0:
    Turn on the TV and play gangnam style on the chromecast. 
    After a 2 seconds, turn off all lights. 
    After 3 seconds, begin flashing hue lamp 1 red.
    After 4 second, begin flashing hue lamp 2 blue.
    After 8 seconds, trigger stage 1.
    Stage 1:
    Set hue lamp 3 and 4 to a solid color.
    After one second, begin flashing hue lamp 3 
    After 1 second, start flashing hue 3 and 4 in another solid color (this should alternate the colors).
    After 8 seconds, trigger stage 2
    etc.
    The benefit of this approach is that you can kind of align your scenes to the music.

Another approach is to use a mathmatical function (x = x + 42 modulo 13) to choose a semi-random number which determines which colors the lights should jump to.
    If x changes to 1 then set colors to ... ,start flashing and x = x + 42 modulo 13
    if x changes to 2 then set colors to ... ,start flashing and x = x + 42 modulo 13
    This is a bit more random.
    Start the scene by changing x to some value. Stop the scene by chaning x to -1.
    If x changes to -1 then turn all lights back to normal.
    The benefit of this approach is that it is random.
  • Crikey, no thanks! (to the above flows).

A disco app would be cool though.
  • Hi,

Any update on this?

mruiter
    said:

I looked at it but there was no way to access the microfoon and do something like find the bpm.
    Maybee @Athom can allow this in the next updates when Media Centre gets implemented .
    Would be nice. I know what you mean, my kids also punch on Sonos and ask me to strat the Hue Disco app on my Phone 3 times a week