This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

History of device states and revert option

AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
edited December 2016 in Archive
Yesterday I noticed the screensaver app in the store and thought it would be nice to have a 1 minute screensaver to indicate something (rain coming for example). Of course, with the screensaver and weather apps this is not a problem at all.
The problem is that I would like the LED ring to return to its previous state when the screensaver is finished. For example: I have a flows which turns on some moodlighting when someone is in the room and it's dark. The moodlighting includes the LED ring with all the different colors. Now when I run a screensaver and stop it, Homey wouldn't turn on the colored LED ring again. I would have to make sure the moodlight flow runs again.
I know I can add a different action to the flow to switch the LED ring to the colors after 1 minute, but then it would be switched on after every rain notification.

Of course this is just an example. The same goes for other devices like lamps, screens, roller shutters, etc.

I think it would be nice if Homey could switch devices to their previous state. This would mean that devices could have a sort of history and actions having a duration option (or a revert action with a delay).

Comments

• there is coming something for that in an future update so you can set a time for ring color (flow card) which is now only a "set ring color" but will instantly turn back again for now, so in the future you can specify a time on this card
  • The LED ring was just one example. I think it would be nice if more device cards had sort of a history. For example the hue lights. I can think or a flow which turns the lights to a bright color for a little while. Afterwards, the lights should switch back to what they were before, no matter what that state/color was.
This discussion has been closed.