This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

KAKU pair problems

I've a bunch of KAKU stuff, besides the Z-wave devices. I've a lot of problems with pairing the KAKU dimmers, specifically the ACM-300. Normally the ACM300 is activated by a pair of WST8700 which is working flawlesly. In my opinion the WST8700 switch is working as remote controller of the ACM300, so when trying to add the ACM I tried to use the WST as remote control, which didn't work.
However it was possible to pair the WST with Homey, so the signal of the WST was received.

I took a dedicated remote (YCT-102) and it was also possible to pair this one with Homey, and there is a button working with the ACM. But when trying to learn Homey to include the ACM with the working button of the YCT didn't work at all.
For testing I thought to pair it with a YC-1000 (which I don't own) and that one was recognized immediately with the same button on the remote.

So, what am I doing wrong with pairing the ACM-300? Why isn't it possible to pair it with learning from the remote, while other (not existing) devices will? (with the same button). Homey does recognize the button in the right way, I made a flow with as result a glowing ring on Homey every time I press the button.

At the moment I can switch my lights on and off with the switches, but the dimmer function isn't working in Homey.

Comments

• BTW, I'm using KAKU app 2.8.3 (didn't work either with the previously versions) and Fimrware 1.01.
    Already PTP for a few minutes and restarted the 433 chip and app.
  • You are using an Old - type remote transmitter (Without A...) with an New type Receiver (Starting with an A)
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/52#issuecomment-183433087

While KAKU made is possible to use it with the ACM300, old and new use different encoding. This is also an Issue with the KAKU home automation: https://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/nl/faq/ 

[quote]
    Waarom lukt het niet om te clonen of om een zender te koppelen met de ICS-2000?
    Alleen zenders met automatisch code systeem worden ondersteund. Dus de naam van uw product moet beginnen met de A. Zoals AYCT-102 Als u toch de goede zender heeft, probeer de zender dan dichtbij de ICS-2000 te houden tijdens het clonen/koppelen."
    [/quote]

I guess @Dennis , @baskiers did add both encodings to the App, but don't want to learn an Old Signal for a New Device. (althrough the device can use it.) 

Do you have an New Remote to pair? (AWST8802 or AYCT-102) 
    Or did you try to let Homey generate a New Signal?
    I guess that should work, but know that an ACM-300 has 6 memory positions to pair/remember remotes. if you are unsure, clear the memory, learn an old remote and generate an new signal from Homey. 
  • Thanks, didn't know this device was capable of having six remotes. Adding with a generated signal from Homey worked for me.

When adding other devices there is a remark that it is not possible to use a remote without the A in the beginning, for this device there was no remark so didn't create the link....
This discussion has been closed.