This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Per Voice volume setting.

I used the voice named "Brian" up until this weekend. I was very happy with that voice. Because my English pronunciation isn't great i never really talked to homey as it didn't work that great for me. I switched to Dutch this weekend because i want to have more voice activated flows. and what i noticed is that the dutch voices are spoken with a much lower volume then the English voices. with fore instance my pendulum flow a sound of a pendulum clock is played while homey tells what time it is. In dutch its hardly understandable and the clock sounds overplays the dutch voice.

I am Currently using the voice setting "Ruben" and he is often hard to understand because of the volume of his voice is to low. I would like to request  a feature where per voice the volume is changeable. an alternative would be if the volumes of the different voices would be normalized the same way.

Comments

• I know. but thats the overall volume control.

Voice and soundboard for instance are not separately controllable.

I have to set the volume to 100% to have the dutch voice a bit understandable. This doesnt mean that when i play radio on the homey (currently not possible but was before) i dont want to have homey at a 100% volume. 

If the dutch voice "Ruben" was a lot louder then i would be already very happy

• U could make a flow with:
    When Homey starts talking, set volume to x
    And after some delay turn it back to where it was. This is just a suggestion.
  • Ill try thuis. might just be perfect.
This discussion has been closed.