This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Confirmation does not work at all

Okay, i have mentioned it a time ago, but now we have version 1.0 I make a own topic about it: Confirmation in a flow.

Release 1.0 should improve the whole voice recognition. I cannot say it has been significantly better, but i do see that the "extra listening time" is a bit better. Now it does not break me of in the middle of a sentence and that makes the whole recognition a tiny bit better. So it is a start.

But most of the time it does not understand what we are saying, unless we are 1 meter away of homey, and also then it does nog understand us very good.

But what about the confirmation, is that useable now?

Wel, i made a flow to play music after confirmation (so i can use it in a flow)

So it asks me " Zal ik sonos voor u aanzetten" (should i play sonos). Then it starts listening.

It is sunday, all sounds are off in the house, kids are also quiet because i asked them to for this test :-)

So it asks me the question and i say "ja graag" (yes please) 3 meters in front of homey,  but no reaction, so no music.
Then "ja", no reaction
Then  "yes", no reaction
Then "yes please" no reaction
Then i move to 1 meters away from homey and do the same test, no reaction
Then i ask my kids to answer the question, maybe it is my voice, but also no response.

So, i thought, what if i reverse the confirmation. So play sonos when no confirmation is heard. 

So i hear the question, and say : "no", "nee", "nee dank je", "no thanks", but nothing happens.
Maybe i should say nothing? So also that i tried. Homey asked me the question, i don't respond, but no music.

Maybe music does not work, i hear you thinking? Well, i had tested that and it worked.
But to know for sure, i removed the confirmation out of the flow, and tested it. Ik worked and played the music.

So for me confirmation is complete dead of deaf. Now we are on version 1.0, i should have expected it to work,

And if their are people who have this working, and in the past i believe their where, then my homey must be broken. Then i need to get a new one.

Or any other ideas?

Comments

• Anyone else having same experience with the use of confirmation?
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't have problems using it. When I say OK Homey - PlayStation it tells me: Are you sure? Xbox is much nicer. I say "ja" (Dutch for yes) and then it starts. You have to watch homey's when you say it. When I say nothing nothing happens