This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[REQUEST] Wake up light

Every evening I set up my own wake up light. For example, when I want to wake up at 7.00:
1. Set Sonos alarm on 7.00
2. Set Hue alarm on 6.40 (with 20 min of gradually go to 90% brightness for 1 lamp and 50% brightness for 2nd lamp, The time for Hue is -20min).

This works with the Hue and Sonos app, but takes my some time to set everything.
Especially when I have to set it twice (for my gf as well).
I tried building some flows, but I cant get it to work easy with the -20 min time for Hue.

What I would really like to have is an app where I can set the time:
- by using voice command to Homey
- by setting it in the app or dashboard

A little interface like this could be used to set the time:

My programming skills are none existing. So maybe there is a programmer with the same problem :smile: ?

Comments

• I do not have Sonos or Hue but I like the idea !
  • There is a Hue-card for that now in 1.0.1.

You'd still need to adjust your flow everyday to set the hour, but still...
    You could use a variable for that maybe.
  • Thanx, built this 2 days ago. It's a nice way to improve iit:D
  • YellowYellow Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you Fire and Rocodamelsche for pointing to the brightness settings. This new option is what triggered me to request this kind of app.
    The problem with the this method is that I have to set a new time in the Flow editor or edit it as a new variable.
    I want to use my mobile to set the time since the alarm time differs from day to day.

The flow I use now is not the best solution. With the flow from the screenshot my gf and I can set the time by making a new appointment in our "alarm" calendar. I use the ical app for this flow. I'm testing it now. The message had a 20 min delay. And Sonos will be added with a 20 min delay as well.

This discussion has been closed.