This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Alarm clock idea

A time ago is the alarm removed from homey.
i hope it soon comes back with more (media) functions. 

This is how I would see it. 
On the mobile app under devices and media a section for the alarm function. 
when selecting the alarm clock another screen appears where you can select the times and days. 
Each user can select his own alarm and his own flow. 

I would make a flow that if I am awake before the alarm goes off and I'm in the bathroom the alarm clock goes off. 
And if the alarm goes on if I sleep I can push a kaku button (or something else) to switch it off. 

So what do you guys think of this idea. 

Comments

• I use the iCal app for things like that. You can make calendar items in your Google calendar, and use those to trigger flows.
  • I use the iCal app for things like that. You can make calendar items in your Google calendar, and use those to trigger flows.
    But it has a problem with recurring(?) appointments I heard. 
    on my iPhone I have set one alarm time for the all weekdays. 
    With iCal I must do that one by one I guess 
  • I have a recuring appointment to place the 'Kliko's' outside. I made the appointments via https://calendar.google.com, and the flows in Homey is triggered every time. So for me it is working great! 
  • Okay I'll will try that.  Thanks. 

• I would very much like to have an alarm function which can be set via the app. Smart alarm functionality would be a basic starting point for many users. Calender events as intuitive and powerful as an actual alarm app which can trigger Homey. 

Requested features:
    - Set alarm via Android app.
    - Options for one-time alarms or re-occuring alarm (per day, week, month, year).
    - (optional) Allow a one-time override of a re-occuring alarm (No more risk of forgetting to re-set the alarm after a holiday).
    - Allow Homey to react x minutes before the alarm goes off. 
    - Allow the alarm to be muted via Homey or Andoid app .
    - Allow the alarm to be snoozed via Homey Andoid app.
    - Allow Homey to react to muting of snoozing of a alarm via andoid app. 
    - Option to let a mobile device play an alarm sound (Alarms are synced across devices. Configurable per device.)

iOS is optional  ;)

• An option to use a local iCal file would be great. Then I just have to upload the file to Homey.
  • Why can't you solve this by using a flow that runs on day's x/y and not on z. Sends a push message to your phone and enables the lights and such?
  • @emile is it possible when i've activated my alarmclock that you can choose i've you wanted to let it go off on the phone or homey or both. Because that could raise the functionality of the alarm clock and the flows you could make.

I like to hear from you
  • micha35w said:
    @emile is it possible when i've activated my alarmclock that you can choose i've you wanted to let it go off on the phone or homey or both. Because that could raise the functionality of the alarm clock and the flows you could make.

I like to hear from you
    New feature requests or bugs need to be reported by the Github of Athomfor faster response and tracking (that is where Athom handles these things) Here on the forum they will not always respond.