This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Is there a way to control/change the build in voice commands?

Unfortunately voice recognition is not always as reliable as we would like it to be, resulting in unwanted behavior.

For example, If I say “OK Homey, please turn on the kitchen lights” Homey recognizes this request as “turn on the lights”.

This result in an action turning on all the lights in the house including the Hue’s in the bedrooms of the children which wakes them  up   :( .

Therefore I would like Homey only to turn on all the lights if I tell it to “turn on ALL the lights”

So I definitely would like the “turn on lights” command to require a room or “all” in the command before it reacts.  

Is this a setting I can set myself or is this something that has to go on the list of requests?

Comments

• By the entrance of my home, there is a light that is switching with the Sunlight app. When I tell Homey "turn the light off", the frontdoor light will switch off to.
    There are a lot of posibilities to make Homey more flexible with the built-in commands:
    • enable/disable built-in command
    • enable/disable devices reaction on voice commands
    • decide with device are listen to built-in commands
    The most flexible solutions could be to create all the 3 posibilities.

I think there isn't a solutions for this moment.