This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Lights, luminance and movement

Hi all!

I need you're help to decide what I should buy..

Cases:
- When I enter the hallway and it is dark, I want the lights to turn ON and go OFF after a while.
- When I open the door to the toilet and it is dark, I want the lights to turn ON and go OFF after a while.
- Same as above in other parts of the house ;)

It is important to know that I still want to use the light switches when needed, but it is not a must..

What do I allready have:

- Philips Hue (only in the living room 5 bulbs)
- 1 Fibaro motion sensor (to trigger light in the living room)

Possible solutions:

1. Go for KAKU (COCO) with:

- AWMR-300 (http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/awmr-300/)
- AWST-6000 (as motion sensor)
- AMST-606 (probably for the toilet, when the door opens trigger to turn on the light)
- The luminance can be solved by using sunset things...

Also al the KAKU stuff have a discount at the Gamma at the moment, but... 1 big BUT... the AWMR-300 is not supported. I use some LED bulbs so this type is what I need.. Does somebody know if it works?

Also I know that it is one-way traffic, so Homey wil not know if the lights are on or off, this is no problem for me.

2. Expand my Philips Hue with extra bulbs etc. 

- Problem is that I have a lot of GU10 lights, but I can go for cheaper INNR lights, they should work with Hue so if I add them to a scene it should work with Homey too..
- Will need a seperate motion detector, could try to combine Hue and KAKU...

3. Go for Z-wave (Fibaro) stuff, big con is that de prices are a showstopper.. If I go for KAKU I can do my whole house for a reasonable price.. compare it with Fibaro.....................................

Bottomline is the fact that i'm lazy and I want to turn on the lights automatically when its dark and i'm drunk/sleepy/sick/etc. ;) and the price must be do-able so my girlfriend does not slap me in the face..

Other options/tips/hints are welcome!

*Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes, i'm dutch and not a superstar in english haha

Comments

• If i was you:
    I would buy Z-wave (+) stuff because i think it has a better range, can also make a mesh network when not battery powered and has a 2-way communication. Don't buy them all at once. Karwei had a 20% discount on the Fibaro wallplugs and smoke sensors also. That way the GF won't slap u in tha face. Also buy a Hue bulb for the toilet.
    Don't forget the first line i wrote!