This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Which language works best?

Wondering what language you guys uses the most. And which voice you like the most to have the ultimate experience. Currently using Dutch but it sounds a birt too nerdy..

Comments

• I hope there will be more voices available in the future.
  • For me Dutch works best. Also for recognition. 
  • For me also Dutch
  • I had it on english for most of the time. Now switched to dutch to test it. But i hate how the voice sounds ! 
  • But the question is. Does voice recognition work better compared to English?
  • I think it also depends on your own pronunciation. I've had it on English from the start (never used Dutch, so can't compare), and haven't had any problems with recognition. If your English is good, give it a try. If your English pronunciation is not very good, just stick to Dutch.
  • For me Nederlands is better working, but that is properly more because my english pronunciation is not that good.
    (if it ain't dutch it ain't much)
  • But the question is. Does voice recognition work better compared to English?
    Can't say that yet! for now i have the idea that is just as good as.
  • Since 1.01 I changed to English. It works 10 times better for me then in Dutch. Recognition is about 90% and the gadget factor is much better.