This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Automating horizontal blinds

Hi all,

I have a question and i'm hoping someone here has some info on it.
For our new home we're bying horizontal blinds (something like this), the width of the blind is 50mm.

I already found out that Somfy has a device that's supports tilt and turn for 25mm blinds and that they have a device that support tilting 50mm blinds. On the Somfy website a Tilt & Lift 50 RTS is mentioned but i can't find any info on it.

Hope that someone has gone on this road before me :-)

Thanks in advance.

Robbert

Comments

• i do now somfy has two protocols the old one a oneway communication, which is used by all domotica systems, and and a new one , which is two way communication which  isnt known yet yet and can only be controlled by somfy hardware until now.
  • After I'm finished with my keypad app for Homey, I'll continue with a project to control similar curtains as you're referring to. I'm planning on using standard roller blinds. I hope to be able to send a 433mhz signal from Homey, to an Arduino which will control a stepper motor. The stepper motor will simply rotate to pull the cord of the roller blinds.
    If it works out, I'll definitely post the results on the forum.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited October 2016
    In the Athom Appstore is an App:  

Somfy

Control your somfy RTS devices with Homey.