This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[UI] Click on device card to open mobile card

Hey,

I think it would be a nice addition if you could click anywhere on a device card to open the mobile card (the card where you can interact with the device) not just only on the very small top left button that shows up when hovering on the card.

To Drag&Drop you could still have to long-click the card.

This would make the UI interaction a lot smoother and more intuitive in my opinion.

Comments

• I've been thinking this too since the beginning! 
    It's really annoying having to click the little icon just to turn on/off a light.
    Just leave the wrench to open the settings and let us click the entire card to open it. 
  • Or, to add alternative suggestion, when clicking on a card it should open up the according Insights log.
  • Or, to add alternative suggestion, when clicking on a card it should open up the according Insights log.
    I would prefer this to be an extra icon then, like the wrench.
    I think opening the card is the most used function, so that should be the easiest to perform?
  • Yes I second that, it would be nice to have a shortcut to the insights, but it should only be a small icon at the device card like the mobile card is atm. >90% of the cards space is not used atm.
  • Great idea's... Did you make a Github Issue for this? I think the top bar of the crads should be reserved for icon's. There's at least room for one more, maybe even two...
  • Fire69 said:
    Or, to add alternative suggestion, when clicking on a card it should open up the according Insights log.
    I would prefer this to be an extra icon then, like the wrench.
    I think opening the card is the most used function, so that should be the easiest to perform?
    I agree.
  • Great idea's... Did you make a Github Issue for this? I think the top bar of the crads should be reserved for icon's. There's at least room for one more, maybe even two...

Shall I change mine then?
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/741
  • Yes @RobinVanKekem ; would be a nice addition! Thanks:)
This discussion has been closed.