This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Couple of questions

Hello, 

First of all; I no computerexpert. :smile: Second, I've been trying to find as much information online as possible! 

I really do like the Homey. I like the idea of making domotica easy. I just hope it will get even more easy the next years.. because for me, it's just not easy enough yet. I get stuck now and then. 

- I manage to turn off my TV with the app. Turning on doesn't work (Panasonic). 
- Pairing the Panasonic remote doesn't work at all. Just nothing.
- I manage to turn on and off my amp, works great. Comps!
- I miss more 'AND' fields in the flow department. When there is motion AND it is night AND nobody is home AND it is thursday THEN detonate bomb. Something like that.
- How do I during the day turn off my Fibaro motion sensors? There allways on.
- My Fibaro wall plug for monitoring usage of my heatpump doesn't return any usefull info at all.
- My Aeotec Gen5 sensor doesn't work. 
- Geofencing sucks. Really sucks. Is just crap. I really need decent geofencing. GPS / WiFi / BT based, I don't care. 
- The homey keeps falling over because of the cable. Well done :wink: 
- What is the cheapest switch I can build into a lightswitch to turn on/off a light?
- Danfoss LC13.. hoping the app is released soon!
- Camera's are not supported at all. Really can't understand this.

Well. Thanks. 

Comments

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited October 2016
    LuukvD said:

- I miss more 'AND' fields in the flow department. When there is motion AND it is night AND nobody is home AND it is thursday THEN detonate bomb. Something like that.

Well, this is something like: How many AND's u wanna have in there?

• Same goes for the motion sensors during the day: When motion is detected AND its before 0700, and so on.

• Usage from ur heatpump via the Fiabaro wallplug:

• So, if u have any questions about things u dont get, just ask. No problem at all.
    Try search the forums via google for awnsers and if u still have questions, dont hesitate to ask.
  • and Searching the forum using google is as simple als: 
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:athom.com Cable

putting Site:Athom.com in front of your question to see all approx. 120 forum posts about the cable and read that they will not change it, and you only have to bend the cable a couple of times to have Homey stand firm on his feed. 
  • parodyparody Member
    edited October 2016
    This
    is a valid point not answered by another AND condition.  We need modes - home/away/night/holiday etc.

You could partially simulate with a flow which disables flows, or use Better Logic to control a variable used in your flows.  Set the variable based on your (likely multiple) criteria to define it's condition.

Geofencing - there are several app store alternatives now or grow your own, I use locative app and webhooks

• LuukvD said:

Well, this is something like: How many AND's u wanna have in there?

My bad. What I meant.. I want to make a Flow like this:
    1. I say; Okay Homey, I'm leaving. 
    2. Homey confirms with speech: bye bye. 
    3. When there is movent in garden, send pushmessage; movement in garden. 

Is that possible?
  • Same goes for the motion sensors during the day: When motion is detected AND its before 0700, and so on.

So, if I make a flow like; if there is movement during the night, the sensor automaticaly stays of during the day?
  • Usage from ur heatpump via the Fiabaro wallplug:

Looks good. Looks competely different then here. I'll check it on another PC, might be a resolution thing. Maybe. 
  • Fibaro has a setting to only use motion during day or night, no flows for needed 
  • @caseda i didn't know that. How are the settings? 
  • LuukvD said:
    My bad. What I meant.. I want to make a Flow like this:
    1. I say; Okay Homey, I'm leaving. 
    2. Homey confirms with speech: bye bye. 
    3. When there is movent in garden, send pushmessage; movement in garden. 

Is that possible?
    For 1 and 2:

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2016
    @TheoDeKoning You don't have to check the spoken text twice, once will do... So either the trigger you have or the trigger "Homey heard something" with the condition you have...
  • For the function OP wanted, would t you add a set of a variable in there to enable "night mode" which can be checked in the flows using motion sensors? Or, add the enabling of those flows that use the motion sensors.
  • @BasVanDenBosch
    It is known to me by later tests, thanks. For an example to others I maybe had to change it.

For the moment I leave it this way in waiting on the switch to the Dutch language.
    Then all the flows with English text I have to look trough.

• @parody, i was thinking about that last night, will add it, but just not yet, still some other projects i want to finish first, kinda low priority :wink: 
  •  Hai Bas were can i find this  parameters in Homey ,   My homey runs on ver 10.03 en fibaro ver 1.0.16

• mehdi.oumehdi.ou Member
    edited October 2016
    LuukvD said:
    Hello, 

First of all; I no computerexpert. smile Second, I've been trying to find as much information online as possible! 

I really do like the Homey. I like the idea of making domotica easy. I just hope it will get even more easy the next years.. because for me, it's just not easy enough yet. I get stuck now and then. 

- I manage to turn off my TV with the app. Turning on doesn't work (Panasonic). 
    - Pairing the Panasonic remote doesn't work at all. Just nothing.
    - I manage to turn on and off my amp, works great. Comps!
    - My Fibaro wall plug for monitoring usage of my heatpump doesn't return any usefull info at all.
    - My Aeotec Gen5 sensor doesn't work. 
    - Geofencing sucks. Really sucks. Is just crap. I really need decent geofencing. GPS / WiFi / BT based, I don't care. 
    - The homey keeps falling over because of the cable. Well done wink 
    - What is the cheapest switch I can build into a lightswitch to turn on/off a light?
    - Danfoss LC13.. hoping the app is released soon!
    - Camera's are not supported at all. Really can't understand this.

Well. Thanks. 
    I'm curious, I have issue with Fibaro FGMS-001 I've never been able to add it I tried to reset it many time by removing the battery and I get the blue light when I'm in learning mode but Homey doesn't detect anything - Did you manage to add it ?
    I'm running under homey 10.5 with last version of fibaro app .16

I have fibaro door sensor which are working completely fine.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @mehdi.ou ;;
    you don't remove the battery when you want to include the motion sensor, you press the button in the battery compartment 3 times to activate inclusion mode

even resetting doesn't work that way, for that hold the button until the led is yellow, the press again shortly, and will be reset when the led has been red for short while
  • @caseda ;
    GOD THANK YOU !!! I know for the learning mode that i needed to do it 3  times and it was blue. But I guess there was a link problem and I got to reset it as you told me to do and it works now fine ! I read too fast the manual I guess x)
    Have a nice we!
  • LuukvDLuukvD Member
    edited October 2016
    If 'we're leaving homey', then activate flow 'motion detection garden'. 
  • I don't know if this was a question but it's possible:

• Yeah, thanks. I can do a lot with that option I figure. 

• Wow :) I managed to activate and de-activate flows, and I added a LC13 radiotorthing. 

Nice! 

Next thing I am waiting for is the support of the Gen5 Aetoec motionsensor and camera support. 
  • There is no Gen5 motion sensor?
    https://www.google.nl/search?q="aeotec+motionsensor+gen5"
    Or do you mean the multisensor? Homey already supports this...
    And yesterday-morning @caseda 's fixes were taken in the app:
    08:39 caseda aeotec app has been updated (1.1.1) with the fix for the MS6 (for 95% of the people), you will need to re-include it if you haven't had it working before so the settings get applied properly. doesn't have all my fixes i added, but it should work.
  • LuukvDLuukvD Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Bas, I saw the update, was already hoping that Aeotec multisensor is working now. 

My Fibaro wallplug doesn't work yet. 

http://i63.tinypic.com/bexbop.jpg

My LC13 radiatorthing doens't change the temperature. I added one, set the temp in Homey to 22, but it is still on 53 (basis setting I think) like it was before. 

My Fibaro Motion sensors are always on. Why? They should only turn on when I activate a flow in which they are being used. 

Any news on camera support?

• Aeotec MultiSensor Gen5 still isn't in the Aeotec app :( How do I add it?
  • And when will I be able to add a remote control to homey from my TV? 
  • And I just bought a Fibaro switch for my gardenlights.. expensive stuff. Isn't there a much cheaper thing that homey easily picks up just to turn on/off my lights? A switch isn't needed..
This discussion has been closed.