This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Android widgets

Would love to control Homey from my phones home screen; a simple widget to switch a "Bit Flip"...

Comments

• Im using the DO from IFTTT to flip BL Variables in flows.

• Geek stuff...(which is a compliment to you both, gentlemen)

I have used Tasker before, two phones back. Great program. However....
    It would be nice(r) if the Homey App would come with widgets; it avoids becoming a coder ;-)

@viktor
    Could you please show how you achieved that...?
  • @Eternity : Download the DO app, and make a recipe with DO button --> Maker channel and follow https://forum.athom.com/discussion/620/tutorial-ifttt-for-homey ()
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for pointing me to the video!
  • viktorviktor Member
    edited October 2016
    I see, i'm to late. But the official IFTTT is in Beta now and maybe in couple of days available. Then is easier to make this. Now i use Webhooks from Athom with the IFTTT Maker Channel.
  • Great news @viktor  !
  • +1 for a few simple widgets for easy turning groups of lights on or off...
    Or even better:
    Just a widget button where you could pre-configure a "word" that you would like say to homey without using to mic.
    People that just want to have a "Lights On" button can add a new Widget button to there home screen and configure it with the text: "lights on".

You then have the broadest functionality with a simple solution. 
  • +1 for a few simple widgets for easy turning groups of lights on or off...
    Or even better:
    Just a widget button where you could pre-configure a "word" that you would like say to homey without using to mic.
    People that just want to have a "Lights On" button can add a new Widget button to there home screen and configure it with the text: "lights on".

You then have the broadest functionality with a simple solution. 
    I like this a lot, especially for people who mostly use the voice function.
This discussion has been closed.