This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Nieuwe kabels te koop voor kickstarterbackers

luccie_007luccie_007 Member
edited October 2016 in Archive
Ik las op tweakers dat er nieuwe haakse kabels bij zaten dit keer.

Zijn deze ergens voor HEEL cheap (kostprijs+envelop) in de webshop te bestellen?
Blijft tenslotte een soort design fout.

Comments

• you just can't use every USB-cable, has to be good quality. And after a little bending once I never even noticed the strange plug...
  • I wouldn't mind a new cable either.
    Sometimes, when I move it around for some testing and I put it back on it's place it still tips over, although I've bent the cable numerous times already...
  • @luccie_007 can you post a link to where you read that?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2016
    Or you can just reply on me on Tweakers then i could say the same as here :wink:  I asked @Annemarie about it and the answer was not yet, she was busy with sorting things out for the community day and kept in the middle if they would be there, so fingers crossed :smile: 

Will ask for a pic because his Homey has left our office :( 

Edit:

Got a pic :)

• Or you can just reply on me on Tweakers then i could say the same as here :wink:  I asked @Annemarie about it and the answer was not yet, she was busy with sorting things out for the community day and kept in the middle if they would be there, so fingers crossed :smile: 

Will ask for a pic because his Homey has left our office :( 

Edit:

Got a pic :)

• B1B2B1B2 Member
    edited October 2016

The protective part around the cable just behind the plug itself is not glued to the cable so not too much work to remove part of it. Used a small plier and removed approx  80 % carefully without damaging the cable, now cable can bent smoother and Homey keeps all 3 feet on the ground.
    My cable now looks almost  simular to latest Homey cable.

edit: picture added

• Ik las op tweakers dat er nieuwe haakse kabels bij zaten dit keer.

Zijn deze ergens voor HEEL cheap (kostprijs+envelop) in de webshop te bestellen?
    Blijft tenslotte een soort design fout.
    When I read the topic title it looks like I can buy them from you / here....  But still haven't seen anyone sell the new cables. 
  • edited November 2016
    I would appreciate a statement from Athom how to address this issue. @Annemarie ;
  • edited November 2016
    http://www.allekabels.nl/usb_accessoires/usb_mini_kabel/haaks.html Die is het toch?

---------------
    These are all bend in the wrong way according to the pictures. For Homey you want a bend to the back.

Also you want a cable with two "ferrite cors?". These so that (EMC) problems occure as less as possible.
  • edited November 2016
    Thanks @PeterGroeneweg, what I would prefer is a recommendation from Athom. The shiped cable is simply a design fault. I do not care about the cost but would appriciate some guidance from Athom how to address this. @Annemarie ;
  • B1B2 said:

The protective part around the cable just behind the plug itself is not glued to the cable so not too much work to remove part of it. Used a small plier and removed approx  80 % carefully without damaging the cable, now cable can bent smoother and Homey keeps all 3 feet on the ground.

This worked perfectly for me!
  • die kabel zouden we allemaal moeten krijgen de kabel die er standaard bij zit gooit homey steeds om daar word je gek van
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2016
    "B1B2 Member  DANK voor deze oplossing.
  • B1B2 said:

"B1B2 Member  DANK voor deze oplossing.

Het BESTE IDEE ooit !  Even met een scherp mesje 3 ringetjes weg snijden, gaat echt heel gemakkelijk, nog geen minuut werk en daardoor veel ergernis opgelost, de simpelste oplossingen zijn altijd de beste, TOP.
  • good to hear things worked out well, small tweak, great result
This discussion has been closed.