This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Change the date and time

2»

Comments

• I'm not complaining, just a notification ;)

• caseda said:
    just for the people that complain about having a minute or 2 difference,
    i have a tablet under my screens that is 90% of the time 1 to 2 minutes earlier then my computer's time

also have a tablet on the wall across the room, which has the time even up to 9 minutes! earlier.

they all are connected to the internet and use the same type of protocol to have the time "right"

just look at all your devices, and see if the time is right, on the second. can guarantee you that it is different, maybe not for 1 day, but look again tomorrow
    And this is happening in 2017 :)

What keeps bugging me is the fact that homey says it is 17:59. So there have to be 2 internal timers that are not in sync somehow. Homey should say: it is 18:00 hours! (even if this happens half a minute earlier or later than the actual time.
    The simple question here is, who is interested in the time being 17:59? Homey saying it is 18:00 hours, that's what we want to hear.  :s
  • I have the exact same problem, mine is saying it is 17:28 (actually it is 19:28). I am trying the location screen, however nothing is showing up there, no map, just a blank screen :-(
  • WRosWRos Member
    @Sir_Ray look ;https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3622/geo-location-doesnt-load

Maybe this is helping you. The big is fix in 1.5.0.
  • WRos said:
    @Sir_Ray look ;https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3622/geo-location-doesnt-load

Maybe this is helping you. The big is fix in 1.5.0.
    Thanks for the link. The post from GeurtDijker there helped me a lot :-) In short, for in case someone is finding this thread prior to finding the other one:

open Chrome, (Homey App is build on Chome, everything else is less compatible and less supported)
    Go to https://my.athom.com/#/ and login
    Select your Homey. 
    open Develper tools (Ctrl-Shft-I) and put it there...

All credits for this solution go to the person mentioned above! For FireFox you need F12 instead of Ctrl-Shft-I The part that needs to be pasted is:

Homey.api("PUT","/manager/geolocation/",{latitude:52.3702157,longitude:4.8951679,mode:"manual"})
  • One important note, the given location is in Amsterdam and will get you the correct timezone for Holland and most of Europe but if you want to use presence detection you're better of filling in your actual latitude and longitude.

• The system time is OK now after changing it the way described above, however, the Z-Wave logging is still using the time with an offset of 2 hours...
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited August 2017
    Sir_Ray said:
    The system time is OK now after changing it the way described above, however, the Z-Wave logging is still using the time with an offset of 2 hours...
    Correct, zwave and other interval logs use the GMT or  Zulu time, Hence the Z.
  • Sir_Ray said:
    The system time is OK now after changing it the way described above, however, the Z-Wave logging is still using the time with an offset of 2 hours...
    Correct, zwave and other interval logs use the GMT or  Zulu time, Bence the Z.
    Ok, good to know. It is confusing though. So I hope in a future release all logs will keep the same date/time. As it will make it easier for troubleshooting :)
  • Sir_Ray said:
    Sir_Ray said:
    Correct, zwave and other interval logs use the GMT or  Zulu time, Bence the Z.
    Ok, good to know. It is confusing though. So I hope in a future release all logs will keep the same date/time. As it will make it easier for troubleshooting :)
    All logs are world wide in the same date/time so, depending from your point of view, are a lot easier for troubleshooting. ;)