This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

z-wave plus

undergroundunderground Member
edited October 2016 in Archive
Hello,

I am sorry if it has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.
Yesterday I received my Homey and I was able to add my Hue lights, create some flows and all went well. But now it is time to automate things more and buy some sensors.
I was thinking about the fibaro bewegingssensor multi z-wave plus (has movement, temperature, lux and fibration sensor).
The previous model is z-wave and the new model is z-wave plus (longer battery life)

My question is: does the Homey support z-wave plus at the moment?

- Robert

Comments

• Yup, have a Fivaro zwave+ motion sensor myself. There is an issue with reporting battery status and the motion alarm not being cancelled but you can pair it without problems. Make sure you select the zwave+ version when pairing.
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited October 2016
    Great, thanks for the quick answer.
    But isn't it a big problem if motion alarm is not cancelled? Does this mean that once a movement is detected, you don't get a trigger that a new movement is being triggered (lets say after 5 minutes of no movement)
    Is the older model (z-wave and not z-wave+) not having these problems?
  • Phuturist said:
    Yup, have a Fivaro zwave+ motion sensor myself. There is an issue with reporting battery status and the motion alarm not being cancelled but you can pair it without problems. Make sure you select the zwave+ version when pairing.
    See here, should be fixed or workaround...
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/34263/#Comment_34263

• honeyhoney Member
    edited October 2016
    Unfortunately it is still very unstable (Fibaro ZW+, 0.10.5). Motions alerts are not always* triggered or cancelled. :(
    The range is an other issue... 

*edit
  • honey said:
    Unfortunately it is still very unstable (Fibaro ZW+, 0.10.5). Motions alerts are not triggered or cancelled. :(
    The range is an other issue... 
    no problem at all with that over here.
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Me neither. Motion detection works great with a fibaro z-wave plus sensor. 
  • yes ma motion sensor z-wave plus is also well working
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited October 2016
    I have ordered the sensor and as soon as I have results, I will share my findings on this forum.
    But I guess not all have the same experience.
    Like the wifi setup. For me I had a failure the first attempt (most likely I didn't switch back to my normal home network quick enough), but the second time went ok.
  • OK, I added the device to the homey.
    But although it has a temp sensor, movement sensor, fibration sensor, the homey only shows a 'activated / not activated' as a flow start.
    What sould I do for this sensor?
  • never mind, I needed to install the Fibaro app.
  • Hi,
    Does this Fibaro motion sensor work with Homey without the purchase of a separate zwave+ controller? 
  • @CorvdNiet ;
    Homey is a z-wave (+) controller as 1 of the many protocols it can handle.
  • CorvdNiet said:
    Hi,
    Does this Fibaro motion sensor work with Homey without the purchase of a separate zwave+ controller? 
    Aye!
  • CorvdNietCorvdNiet Member
    edited November 2016
    thnx guys. Learning every day :)
This discussion has been closed.