This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Pre-configured logic modules

Hey

I'm new,just got my Athom yesterday.  Been playing with home automation for years, but never found anything that properly does everything I want, ending up with a Frankenstein HA.

When I saw the Athom, I had to have it with all the built in connectivity, excellent UI and apps, and active community.

Some features I expected an advanced product like this to have was some boxed logic modules.  Like NCube, Zipabox and loxone has, and like Tado heating does for you (I had tado before but don't want to buy a  seperate system when I can get zwave devices to do the same).  e.g setting up all the flows to manage a heating system will be a nightmare.  A module which automatically handles location, home status (away,holiday,at home, nighttime etc), temp sensor inputs, boiler and radiator valve controls etc  would be awesome.

Security is another example of a pre-programmed module that can operate a group of devices like a "system".

On another note, is there a way to use OR logic in flows - for example in the AND section, have the time is AFTER 7pm OR the day is Saturday OR the day is Sunday?

Thanks!  Great job on this product it feels like the first to properly bridge the old school z-wave / lightwave etc and the new school wifi / IOT world.

Comments

• parody said:
    On another note, is there a way to use OR logic in flows - for example in the AND section, have the time is AFTER 7pm OR the day is Saturday OR the day is Sunday?

Welcome to the club! Regarding this question, it is planned for the future! On trello you can find a list of planned features: https://trello.com/b/aYBmd9Ru/athom-s-public-timeline-for-homey

• DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited October 2016
    parody said:

Welcome to the club! Regarding this question, it is planned for the future (and with Athom in general there is no time indication ;))! On trello you can find a list of planned features: https://trello.com/b/aYBmd9Ru/athom-s-public-timeline-for-homey

• Welcome to the wonderful world of homey!

There won't be an app for advanced climate control.
    If you want it soon it will have to be created by the community.

If athom would build it, if they even will do it..,
    then you can expect something like this over about a year, not (much) sooner, there is just too much to implemented on base level still.

the same will be for real security system, homey is just not really build with this in mind
  • Hmm, might have a dabble myself then.  I'm a SQL Dev, with C# and powershell on the side.  JS shouldn't be too much of a stretch.  Codeacademy here I come!
  • Your question does extend the request I did a while back:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/784

There should more stuff out of the box instead of having to do this all by yourself with the use of flows/apps.
  • Yes I see where you are going with that, similar thought process. The flows are flexible and beautiful but no good for complex logic that must be repeated.

Extending it with full and/or control on each section would be a step in the right direction - at least then it would be easy to apply the same logic to multiple triggers.

But my thought is that it needs to extend further and have certain out of box smarts. Heating for example would be impossibly complex when you consider multiple room thermostats, radiator valves, underfloor relays, boiler and and water.  Heck there isn't even a scheduler, id have to create multiple flows just to switch the boiler on and off through the day/week.  And then throw location (I've had to create my own home "status" variable), solar gain and machine learning into the mix... 

I'm not saying it's easy...
This discussion has been closed.