This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[solved] hue bridge 2.0

SommoSommo Member
edited October 2016 in Archive
i can't add the hue bridge, the second generation squared, the process to add the device stucks and waiting to have pushed the button, but it never recognized it, so i can't add hue lamps.. trying to ptp few times, never resolved.

Comments

• And if you first press the button and then the pairing? 
  • SommoSommo Member
    edited October 2016
    r u trolling me? smile
    anyway doesn't work... i tried :P and is not the right procedure... first add new device from device - hue app... and then it ask to push the button on hue bridge (the image is about the first version, rounded hub hue)
  • i also tried to reboot the hub.. no matters... i remember that the hub v1 (rounded) was added without trouble, but this new one no
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited October 2016
    No, i'm not trolling you  p I have been reading this also on the forum,  it's not the right procedure. But maybe it works. I have the version 1 (with static ip) and no problems. Maybe you can try to give the bridge a static ip adres in the same network
  • SommoSommo Member
    edited October 2016
    i found where to change static ip address, from the hue app on my iphone but before to do that (because, via siri and ios10, all works wonderful) i would hear that hue v2 works with homey only with static ip, and is not a first experimental test... anyway, i can't do it now.. maybe in this day i could giving a try nad if doesnt work, roll back..
    it could be nice that @athom that release the app could solve this issue anyway thank you!
  • My v2 bridge is on a dhcp lease, no problems with that.
  • @DaneeDeKruyff so u add it without problem? homey v0.10.3?
  • And be sure there is no update on the Hue bridge
  • @Rocodamelshe what do u mean? i update few days ago the hue bridge firmware.. are u talking about firmware hue brige?
  • disabled, removed re-installed app, all works fine
  • Sommo said:
    @DaneeDeKruyff so u add it without problem? homey v0.10.3?
    Well, you don't actually add the bridge, you import lights (and some other config) from the bridge and everytime you get a new api key. I've added some lights on a very old version and recently some more, also on 0.10.3. There have been others that were not able to add lights in the past while it worked for others, but that seemed fixed. 
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited October 2016
    So it works now?  ;)
  • Yes it was needed to reinstall the app
  • Sommo said:
    r u trolling me? smile
    Why would he?

This is a genuine solution sometimes...
    When you push the button, the bridge sets the 'linkbutton' to 'true' for 30 seconds.
    The Homey app waits for this when you start it, but when you already pushed the button, it will just continue and connect to the bridge.

So please, if people are trying to help you, why react like that?
  • Sommo said:
    Yes it was needed to reinstall the app
     :) 
  • Fire69 said:
    Sommo said:
    r u trolling me? smile
    Why would he?

When you push the button, the bridge sets the 'linkbutton' to 'true' for 30 seconds.
    The Homey app waits for this when you start it, but when you already pushed the button, it will just continue and connect to the bridge.

I put a smile face after and then i Also tried him solution.. it was a kind of joking and also he (right) didnt get offended by that..explaining why he said so.. sorry if it was missunderstandig Fire69 (on fire) :P (i'm joking)
  • I put my trust maybe too much reading after to the procedure
  • @Sommo ;
    I did understood you're smile!  ;)
    I'm glaid the problem is solved, another happy homey user
  • And another problem/solution found
  • Sommo said:
    Fire69 said:
    Sommo said:
    r u trolling me? smile
    Why would he?

I put a smile face after and then i Also tried him solution.. it was a kind of joking and also he (right) didnt get offended by that..explaining why he said so.. sorry if it was missunderstandig Fire69 (on fire) :P (i'm joking)
    I'm sorry too then.
    I seem to be getting frustrated a bit much because of several new users who totally misbehave.

Anyways, good to see your problem is solved  <3
This discussion has been closed.