This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Presence (aanwezigheid)

13»

Comments

• JesperJesper Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't get it. Where can I add my phone/ip adress? In the app settings I see  "applicatie instellingen" and a button "Wijzigingen opslaan" and a log. Thats it.

Please help.
    You should add each phone as a device. Just like you add a new light or socket.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't get it. Where can I add my phone/ip adress? In the app settings I see  "applicatie instellingen" and a button "Wijzigingen opslaan" and a log. Thats it.

Please help.
    Go to Zones & devices and press the + to ADD a device And add your phone there you can change settings like IP phone  and delay time

• Ended up increasing to 15 min still got false positives. So still looking for another solution.
  • For me the default presence app is working now for two weeks 100% (after ios update)

ios version 10.2.1 model MG8X2DN/A
    homey app 1.3.1 build 59
    use home detection ON radius 151 meter
  • Default presence app isn't working for a meter on android, maybe because with android you can't set a radius  :/

• Inderdaad @glijie, hope the iOS functions quickly come tot Android. 
  • Yeah the android app is very  bad in presence. Get a lot of false positives. Either leaving or getting home only updated when app is active (does not work properly in background). Yes doze is off and its not greenified.
  • Default presence isn't working for me (and my other home users) anymore since i removed all notifications, suddenly this week I got 1 away detection , and stopped working again ....
    All settings checked, it's a mistery for me .... (and it used to work perfect for me).
  • nsansa Member
    I replied to another tread, Default presence is going wild sometimes:

nsa said:
    I have a similar issue, sometimes it goes into a loop, telling me my wife is at home, and leaving. Although she is at one place all the time at that moment...I have to pull the plug of homey to stop this loop...I did not find a solution to this yet..

• when i want to see the presence of a partner, can i just add the app on her Phone, or do i have to make a second account? I would like to see it as 2 different persons.
  • Has anybody got a Windows phone working with this? If so what ports are you scanning?
  • I recieve every hour a few new welcomes from Homey instead of once when I enter the house. What can I do to prevent this? Also in other flows I get a lot of random arivings and leavings.
  • I recieve every hour a few new welcomes from Homey instead of once when I enter the house. What can I do to prevent this? Also in other flows I get a lot of random arivings and leavings.
    Hete The same for 1 iPhone The otter works fine ?
  • folkert said:
    when i want to see the presence of a partner, can i just add the app on her Phone, or do i have to make a second account? I would like to see it as 2 different persons.
    You will have to add an User for that ....
  • Nope. Here it goes wrong with 3 iPhones.
  • Nico_GH2 said:
    Has anybody got a Windows phone working with this? If so what ports are you scanning?

Yes I have gort it working.

It seams that windows phone are on port 1. I scan them all, hadn't had the time to test with a more nerrow port-band. But it works-isch. I to have got some ghost notifications that I'm here or there, when I'm home, or not, but with a time I got it back to 1/ 2 times a day.

Hope this helps

• Hello

How can i set the 'when' trigger: no one at home: i can only set this one as the trigger 'and' How can i reverse this

• I'm getting mixed results with the presence app,  It detects me fine but only detect my wife 50% of the time,  Better presence does not work well with iPhones when they go to sleep so I am trying to use a mix of both Presence and better presence.
  • Why is this such a big problem for the athom team? That's a normal feature of 100.000 iOS and android apps. Maybe they should look for help 
  • Jesper said:
    At the moment I'm using the following procedure for presence detection (+99% accuracy).

- Instal Tasker or MacroDroid on your phone with the RESTask plugin
    - Instal the following Homey apps: HTTP request flow cards, Better Logic and Countdown
    - Create a macro which sends a HTTP GET request when I disconnect from one of my WiFi networks (xxx) and when I connect to one of my WiFi networks (yyy)
    - Once the xxx HTTP GET request is received by Homey the countdown timer "xxx" Starts (I use a value of 90 seconds). This will prevent short disconnections from your WiFi network incorrectly being interpreted as your not being home anymore.
    - Once the countdown timer reaches 0 the variable "zz" will change to Away
    - Once the yyy HTTP GET request is received by Homey the variable "zz" will change to Home and the countdown timer "xxx" will be stopped (countdown timer is set back to 90 seconds for next time)

For setting the RESTask settings see https://forum.athom.com/discussion/996/tutorial-using-tasker-together-with-homey

It works as fast as your phone connects to your WiFi network and does not drain the battery of your phone.

For one person you will need a total of 3 flows

At the moment I'm also testing this with the phone of my girlfriend (Samsung galaxy S4 mini)

hi Jesper

do you have screan shots

i can not get hou you setup the timer

the rest is working

tenxs

• See figure below for the 3 flows I made. As you can see I also used a bitflip which switches on when I'm home and off when I'm away (I will use the bitflip until there is an option to show the value of a variable in the Homey app and HomeyDash). Furthermore, I also created flows which sends a push notification to my phone whenever the variable "Presence Jesper" changes.

• any news on Smart Presence and a MAC adress?

• any news on Smart Presence and a MAC adress?

any?

• glijie said:

Please help.
    Go to Zones & devices and press the + to ADD a device And add your phone there you can change settings like IP phone  and delay time

Brilliant, thanks! 
  • Hi,

I'm quite new here and starting to dive into the world of presence detection with Homey. I see there is a lot of discussion related to this topic. This makes it interesting, but also confusing for me.

I read there are solutions where people use:
    - Owntracks app
    - Homey Buildin Presence detection via its own app
    - Smart Presence app
    - Door/Motion sensors together with flows
    - .....maybe more....

Can someone tell me which solution works best? What should I implement to have a waterproof presence detection where Homey knows who is in my house and who is away.

Ideally I would like to detect presence in certain rooms in the house itself also. I'm learning that there are also several solution for this. Is Homey going to support this? If yes, when and how?

Thx!
  • JaxcJaxc Member

For indoor precence detection you could check out : https://crownstone.rocks/

Homey will work with this in the near future, when Ble is optimized/

• You can checkout owntracks. When using HTTP, you dont need anything else besides your homey and the owntracks phone app.

You can also use BT tokens with owntracks. Some users have experience with that. Bad thing is you need to have your phone with you.