This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Setup problems

After my enthusiasm yesterday when my Homey finally arrived it quickly turned into frustration today. I cannot get my Homey connected to my wifi. I can find Homey wifi but after that choosing my own wifi network it just takes too long and finally stops. No other instructions. So if this easy install wont work how will I do with the rest. I am no IT guy so who can help me out ? 

Comments

• Try turning off your 5Ghz radio or try setting up through your phone... It's a general problem from which a lot of devices (not just Homey) suffer...
  • Try turning off your 5Ghz radio or try setting up through your phone... It's a general problem from which a lot of devices (not just Homey) suffer...
    Or, if your router supports it create a new 2.4Ghz only network. That way you can leave the rest of your network intact.
  • Just after my post Homey finally connected. Now begins the task for a geek like me to figure things out. For IT guys like most here it seems pretty easy but I am affraid that won't be my case ! Any help is welcome.