This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

questions

Hello,

I can't wait for my Homey :) But have some questions:

1. Somebody in the room; currently I have very difficult lua scripts in my Fibaro HC2 to see if somebody is in the room to turn on lights (and turn them off if there is no movement in 20 minutes). Does something will work in the homey? If somebody is in the room, but there is no movement for 20 minutes, turn of the lights.
2. Will be there support for Danfoss radiator devices for heating?
3. Integration with heating; what will be supported as heating system (radiotor and groundfloor heating) in the start of Homey? I have to buy new thermostat. I need also multi room heating.
4. Any ideas to integrate security systems? Turn secruity system on, turn lights off on groundfloor
5. Events; can we export / read events to show in on a website or do something else with it?
6. Notifications; will be there any notification system for phones based on scenes?
7. Tablet apps. Currently I have an ipad near the front-door to check webcams, turn lights on/off, start scenes etc etc. Will Homey have a (web)app for that?
8. Variable; are there any possibility to store variable to use in scenes etc?

Keep up the good work!

regards,

Remco

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    1. Yup, you can make this in the flow editor
    2. The Z-wave ones for sure. We're using them as well in our office :)
    3. To be safe: Thermosmart. We'll support other thermostats as well, keep an eye on the updates
    4. Yup, it's even a device category
    5. Yes. There is a Realtime API, and in the app you can view events as well.
    6. A flow block is 'send my smartphone a notification'
    7. No, but we encourage the community to create one! It's 100% possible with the API
    8. Yes

Thanks! :D
  • Emile, thanks for the answer! Any change to share already some screens for the mobile interface?
    Sooooooon. The smartphone app is getting ready, and we're creating the 'cards' currently :) (It's really one of the last steps in the development process)
  • Which platforms (iOS, Android, WP) are you supporting at launch?
    How do you implement push to mobile devices? Using a service like Pushover or similar or are you going the native way by implementing Google's GCM?
    iOS and Android. For any other platform, there will be a (reduced functionality) web interface. Microsoft Netherlands however said they had a few backers in their office that wanted to create a WP app, so let's hope that will work out!

For push, probably native.
  • Native is better but more work for you guys!
    Sounds great!
  • One other question. I have a Thermosmart, they have a integration with smartalarm. Will be the smartalarm integrated in Homey? So I can start a scene when I switch on/off my alarm?
    Yes, we are talking to them, so we'll probably integrate it eventually!
This discussion has been closed.