This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Is there any Chance to intregrate Wifi Doorbells eg.Skybell,Ring and Smappee?

2»

Comments

• @Phuturist Is it possible to use the key button on the doorbird app to make a trigger for homey? So I can use homey to open the door instead of using the wires from doorbird and connecting to a binary sensor. 

Of course I don't expect it in the first version but wondering if it's possible. 
    Otherwise I need more wires 
  • jovink said:
    @Phuturist Is it possible to use the key button on the doorbird app to make a trigger for homey? So I can use homey to open the door instead of using the wires from doorbird and connecting to a binary sensor. 

Of course I don't expect it in the first version but wondering if it's possible. 
    Otherwise I need more wires 
    Don't think it's technically possible without hacking the DoorBird app. You would somehow need to reprogram that button. 

Or you could ask the DoorBird company to add a notification in the API that gets send when the door relay is triggered. This would be a clean solution and valid use case (I'm already in contact so will mention this as well).

For now there is no way for me to access this information.
  • If you will ask them I appreciate it. 
    I will not hack the app for it. 

I hope they can add it to the API 
    thanks for responding. 
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited February 2017
    jovink said:
    If you will ask them I appreciate it. 
    I will not hack the app for it. 

I hope they can add it to the API 
    thanks for responding. 
    Turns out this event is actually available already in the API. I overlooked it. But initially it did not work after I had built a trigger card for it. Turned or to be a bug in the DoorBird firmware. So the DoorBird team has flashed a beta firmware on my DoorBird (v102) which fixed the issue. This firmware version is to be released later this month. Once it does I will update the DoorBird app with a flow trigger card called "door opened" which gets triggered when you press the door open button in the app. You can then choose whatever to do with in within Homey ( like open a smart lock that is not actually connected to the DoorBird).
  • Thanks for asking! 
    I have a danslock that is will use with that trigger ;) 

Still have a lot missing motion triggers. But thats not a problem from your app but from DoorBird it self. 
    I have connected my synology with the DoorBird and works fine. 

• Hi, I have a Smappee and there is a API for it.
    Look at https://smappee.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DEVAPI/overview
    Maybe somebody can program a app for it?