This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Last Spoken Message

Hi

I'm trying to create a flow (2), that make it possible to repeat the last spoken message.

I created a new string variable (LastSpokenMessage) with BetterLogic.
Flow 1: If 'homey said something', then BetterLogic stringvalue LastSpokenMessage = text (the tag from If homey said something).
Flow 2: If Homey microphone hears 'repeat please', then Say Something 'LastSpokenMessage'.

That's where it fails (read: where I fail). I also tried
'$LastSpokenMessage$'

But I don't know how to get the contents from that string back from Better Logic.

Any help is welcome.

Yves

Comments

• Better Logic doesn't work with $VariableName$ only the internal logic "app" can do that.

i don't think it is possible with the better Logic app what you want to do.
    So you will have to use the Official (Homey) Logic
  • For this flow you don't need betterlogic, do you? Or you could create an extra flow: When "better-logic variable changed" then store contents in normal variable....

• Flow 2: If Homey microphone hears 'repeat please', then Say Something 'LastSpokenMessage'.

As far as I know you can't use a BL variable to let Homey say the content of a variable.  I wanted to use it too, but haven't succeeded either...
  • @YvesGeffens, I found your idea pretty cool, so I tried creating the flows and it's working just fine here :)
    You can't use BetterLogic, you need to use the builtin variable function because you can't use BL with speech.

Thanks for the nice idea :)
  • Thank you all for your input, it works.
    I just didn't think of using the build in variables.

Great !
This discussion has been closed.